Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Level 15 Entrance (Buggy Boomerang)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
AnneAardvark
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
IP: Logged
icon Level 15 Entrance (+1)  
Actually my game play is buggy, not the boomerang, but that doesn't rhyme.
I decided to take the shortcut on level 14 to get to level 15 without completing 14.
I can get from the entrance to the right of the screen, kill the roach, exit to the right, go around a small loop and back to the entrance. I change to the aborigine, use his boomerang on the orb to open the door, procede along the bottom of the room, use the boomerang again to start the ray which burns a path to allow access to the orb to open the next gate. My trouble is I can't get to the orb on the other side of the ray as it stops the boomerang. I think I must be missing something extremely obvious here as there has been no post for help in this room.

I decided to restore to the finishing room in level 14 and continue finishing that level in the hope I can gain access to level 15 via a different path but I'm not confident of success (although looking at Lvl 15 entrance it does look easier if you can enter from the left).

Am I going to succeed the way I'm going or am I just too stupid to see the obvious. I have read all the other posts for level 15 in the hope of gaining a better understanding of how the boomerang works with little success but I did get some other tips on using the boomerang like using bombs to extend the range and more range from a tower etc. I thought it was a little strange there was no introduction scroll as there was for the other characters.

This is my first direct request for assistance in this game (so far).
11-04-2007 at 09:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Milarion
Rank Points: 24
icon Re: Level 15 Entrance (+1)  
In fact, if you're using version 21 of the quest, it might actually be the map that's buggy. I posted about it in the Dreams release thread, and googa was nice enough to provide an update to v.22 that solved it. There's a .zip file linked from the bottom post of this page. Congrats on zipping through the game without recourse to (requested) hints!
11-04-2007 at 01:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: Level 15 Entrance (0)  
I decided to take the shortcut on level 14 to get to level 15 without completing 14.
How did you do it? Where did you find an artifact to clear the cursed ground? You're only supposed to be able to take the shortcut after going down the (Gaia) river.

My trouble is I can't get to the orb on the other side of the ray as it stops the boomerang.

Just download the file, and it'll be fixed.

I decided to restore to the finishing room in level 14 and continue finishing that level in the hope I can gain access to level 15 via a different path but I'm not confident of success (although looking at Lvl 15 entrance it does look easier if you can enter from the left).

There's only one entrance for each level.

This is my first direct request for assistance in this game (so far).
Rewind the counter back to 0 because It's my fault. Congrats, It shouldn't be easy. :)
11-04-2007 at 03:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AnneAardvark
"I decided to take the shortcut on level 14 to get to level 15 without completing 14."

"How did you do it? Where did you find an artifact to clear the cursed ground? You're only supposed to be able to take the shortcut after going down the (Gaia) river"

I have been collecting artifacts from the previous levels and not using them as they looked like they would be handy, i.e. take the artifact, back off and take the regular exit.
I took the boat from 3W, took it south to the North of 1S 3W, finished that room and exited south on foot to Gaia river(6) where I used a spare artifact to access the room and regain another artifact, I finished all the lava exposing from north to south, collected the secret cup and exited the bottom right corner to Gaia River (5) which has the exit once you complete the room.

I downloaded the patch as I typed this post, I sure hope it works here and maybe the new spot I got stuck in during my retreat. Lvl 14 Jade Island, I haven't been able to gain access to the island beyond the SW room and I can't retreat as Chen can not walk on mud to get back the way I came. I'll try the patch and see if it helps at both places, never know your luck.

BTW Thanx for the assistance and the excellent game, I am truely enjoying it (until the frustration of the impossible room came about).

Edit: Made it to Jade Island, Woohoo, now a few more rooms and I'm back to level 15 and beyond....
BTW, it was nothing to do with the quest update, just update my thinking of no indicator on towers if the pathway is blocked by a ray anywhere the rope goes.... man that was sneaky.

[Last edited by AnneAardvark at 11-05-2007 11:37 AM]
11-05-2007 at 10:49 AM
googa
I have been collecting artifacts from the previous levels and not using them as they looked like they would be handy, i.e. take the artifact, back off and take the regular exit.

Very smart, huh? You just found a bug.
Artifacts are only supposed to be used in the same level where they're are found. I've fixed it. Now every time you enter a new New level, the Artifacts counter is reset.

PS: For now, to avoid the bug, try to use the collected artifacts only in the same level where they've been originally found.
11-06-2007 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AnneAardvark
"Very smart, huh? You just found a bug.
Artifacts are only supposed to be used in the same level where they're are found. I've fixed it. Now every time you enter a new New level, the Artifacts counter is reset.

PS: For now, to avoid the bug, try to use the collected artifacts only in the same level where they've been originally found. "

I was under the impression that it was deliberate as there is an artifact counter, why have a counter to count to one? The description of the counter also gave me the impression that you could collect artifacts. I wonder how many other people are collecting them and using them latter?

Anyhow, for now I won't use any more and as I have gone back to complete the one and only bypassed level anyhow I can safely say I have not bypassed anything. BTW I only have 3 in my collection.

Its understandable that there would be bugs in some of the rooms as they are very complex and so many different combinations of things to try, it would be impossible to test every thing, the only way is via feedback such as this. :lol

Is there any more fixes I need to know about apart from quest 22?

11-06-2007 at 08:00 AM
googa
I was under the impression that it was deliberate
No, This way you would need to start the game over in case of forgetting to pick up a required artifact.

Is there any more fixes I need to know about apart from quest 22?
No, Just be sure to use the Artifacts in the same level where they're found, otherwise you may be lead to a few trivial solutions.
11-06-2007 at 09:41 PM
AnneAardvark
OK, I finished 14 the propper way and re-entered 15.
Having completed a few rooms, I went on my usaul recon mission to update the minimap so I could plan my attack strategy. NOW I see why there is provision for more than one artifact. I haven't entered the flying garden yet but I cought a glimpse of the exit room with all that cursed ground, many artifacts required to finish this level. I entered level 15 with three artifacts so I suspose I have to have three left over when I complete the level (so as not to cheat).

Not much longer now,
Then I can enter 'Dreams'
11-12-2007 at 10:18 PM
googa
The only one place where Artifacts are used as a puzzle feature is on level 15. They're only used in shortcuts in previous levels.

Remember to so the same thing in Dreams, as it uses a lot more Artifacts.

The bug is already fixed for the next release.

...and congratulations for almost finishing! :)
11-13-2007 at 12:29 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Level 15 Entrance (Buggy Boomerang)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com