Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Crazy Cave
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
IP: Logged

File: Crazy Cave.hold (17.4 KB)
Downloaded 89 times.
License: Other
icon New Hold: Crazy Cave (0)  
Hold #3.. This is just a short 1 level experiment thats not as long as Katons Keep and not of what was a multi-hold series. But this is not just 1 little level, you explore a cave with oh-so-many secrets in it! The challenge is pretty fair and it is pretty fun hold. This time it's not buggy but if you do encounter a bug please tell me so. This a hold for all audiences so nothing is offencive expect for roach killings :P. Enjoy! :)

Some of the bugs are fixed!

also..
*extremely major spoiler! for those who have completed this hold or discovered the secret level!*

Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by Stuwy on 12-10-2003 at 03:11 AM GMT: Bug fixes]

[Edited by Stuwy on 12-10-2003 at 03:14 AM GMT]
12-09-2003 at 11:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: New Hold: Crazy Cave (0)  
In 1N, if you go south before completing all the other rooms, there's no way to return.

12-10-2003 at 02:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
If you enter 2S 3E as far to the right as possible and with your sword pointing down, you are unable to complete the room and must restore to a previous save.

And no, I'm not that thorough a tester, I just got lucky.

And fortunately I had stepped on the checkpoint of the previous room before leaving it, although it wasn't really that hard so it would have been okay.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-10-2003 at 02:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
Also,

Click here to view the secret text

12-10-2003 at 02:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Atch
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 81
I have entered the southern section of 2S, 3W, a room that cannot be cleared since it has an isolated brain on a single pillar, and gone through to 2S, 4W, which appears to be a dead-end. I can’t get back into 2S, 2W, I think, because of the gate. Am I stuck Stu?

Other than that I have found the designs remarkable with some very interesting rooms.

12-10-2003 at 05:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Atch
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 81
It’s okay Stu, I restore to a previous room and found the secret place to complete the hold although I never got to 1W and beyond until I was given access to the editable version. Other than getting stuck in the SW of the hold I found no further problems.

Apart from the obviously impossible rooms I was unable to clear 3E, I couldn’t get out again after killing the tar mother, and it looked as though you would have the same problem if you tried to clear the optional room 2N, 2E. Are these rooms possible?

Apart from those there was nothing too demanding with my favourites being 1S; 1S, 2W and 2E. 2N was an excellent fun room.

Crumbly passages, great fun when first encountered in Dugan’s Level 3, soon begin to pall when they meander to much or turn out to be dead ends but you did an expert job of concealing the real ones.

All in all a fine piece of work that I would rate 7 out of 10, thanks Stu.

12-11-2003 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
Thanks for the reply Atch! And the review too :) the dead-end bug has been fixed also with some new secret rooms also! Of course this will be found in the Holds section but I got better plans for this hold and I will expand it LOTS.. So expect more with this hold very soon :D
12-11-2003 at 11:28 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Stuwy wrote:
Of course this will be found in the Holds section but I got better plans for this hold and I will expand it LOTS.

Well, remember that the Holds section is for pretty much completely finished holds...so please don't upload anything there until it is done and has been tested as thoroughly as possible.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-11-2003 at 11:34 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Crazy Cave
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com