Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : What Browser Do You Use?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
What Browser Do You Use?
Netscape 6+
Netscape 4.x
IE
Mozilla
Firebird
Camino
Konqueror
Opera 5/6
Opera 7
Some Other Browser
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon What Browser Do You Use? (0)  
I'm just curious what the browser makeup of our forum is. What browser do you use, and why? I use Firebird 0.7.1, by Mozilla based on their Gecko engine, because it's really small and REALLY fast, and will end up being the next generation of browser.

12-07-2003 at 08:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: What Browser Do You Use? (0)  
I use IE but I run it through a frontend called Avant Browser. I've mentioned it elsewhere on this board in some random locations...do a search on Avant, you'll find it. Basically it has the compatibility of IE but runs in a tabbed windows environment, includes pop-up blocking, and several other neat things that every browser but IE has. So kind of the best of both worlds, especially for people who don't want to go too far from the mainstream.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-07-2003 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I voted for firebird even though I actually use pheonix and have been really lazy about upgrading.
12-08-2003 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Scott wrote:
I voted for firebird even though I actually use pheonix and have been really lazy about upgrading.
Yeah, I realized after I'd already posted the poll that I should have made that one Phoenix/Firebird. Ah well, c'est la vie.

12-08-2003 at 03:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Firebird 0.6 - and I'm very happy with it, except for their militant adherances to standards as opposed to de-facto standards.

But only because a favourite site of mine doesn't work properly under Firebird, but then that's why it's not Firebird 1.0.

Matt

12-08-2003 at 05:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Firebird 0.7 here. I'm not very happy with it, tho. It's bloated (heh), buggy, tends to eat CPU at the smallest excuse, and generally unstable. Almose none of the extensions I've tried works, either. Despite that, it's the best alternative available to me.

I'd use Opera if it didn't randomly crash about every 10 minutes.
12-08-2003 at 05:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Pure and simple IE6. Yes, it's Microsoft, yes, there are better browsers, but it comes with Windows and it does the job.

"Oook!"
12-08-2003 at 07:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
I use IE, but I didn't realize what it was at first and voted Other. Could an admin correct this?

Anyway, I use it because I'm the more familiar with it than the others.

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 12-13-2003 at 01:31 AM GMT: Reason for vote]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

12-11-2003 at 01:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
Aieeeeeeee!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-11-2003 at 04:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
NoahT wrote:
I use IE, but I didn't realize what it was at first and voted Other. Could an admin correct this?
Out of the kindness of my heart, I removed your vote. Feel free to re-vote, and get it right this time. :)

12-11-2003 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Internet explorer. The browser of kings.

Mainly because kings don't know much about computers.

12-11-2003 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Schik wrote:
NoahT wrote:
Out of the kindness of my heart, I removed your vote. Feel free to re-vote, and get it right this time. :)

Thanks. I got it right this time, so I shouldn't need to "bother" you about it again. :)

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

12-13-2003 at 01:28 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : What Browser Do You Use? Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com