Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Wahoo! (Horrah for topic titles that give no description!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Wahoo! (+1)  
So I was using Visual Studio C++ 2005 Express and had the F1 window open. I was doing a search, and, you see, at the bottom of the search results are results from the MSDN forums. Microsoft Document Explorer (that's the name of the Help browser that some, but not all, Microsoft products use) actually acts as an web browser. So I was using it to create an account with my trademark name Exp HP, and then blah-dee-blah-blah . . . I completely forgot that I wasn't in Internet Explorer. But, eventually, I realized that the stuff was animated (so it was Internet Explorer 7 that was the problem!).

I can see animations now! Time to go look at my thrice-modded-down spam post to see all the smilies in action.

I'll just use Document Explorer from now on. Actually, I like that all pop-ups go in tabs. I don't have to go to the bottom toolbar.

[three seconds later]
Hey, Maurog's avatar is a waste of space! Neato!
I mean, notgoodo! Curse this happy mouth on my face!

09-29-2007 at 04:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Wahoo! (0)  
Kwakstur wrote:
But, eventually, I realized that the stuff was animated (so it was Internet Explorer 7 that was the problem!).
Ummm... you do realize that Document Explorer actually uses whatever version of Internet Explorer is installed to display HTML? That would mean it's just some setting for IE7 that's b0rked.

Actually - have you tried creating and using a new user account on your machine? I bet animations will play in IE7 just fine then...

np: µ-Ziq - Woozy (Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique)

09-29-2007 at 10:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Briareos wrote: I bet animations will play in IE7 just fine then...
Depends... If I say "no," will a paradox cause a black hole to envelop the earth?

09-29-2007 at 06:18 PM
Kwakstur
What in the name of Gob? I just switched back to my original account, and now Briareos' avatar changes color from gray to blue (on IE, not DE)! Why is it showing up now on the old account, but not the new one?

Wait, :lol is moving, but :no and :yes are not.

Ummm...

So basically, now my situation is "it may or may not animate, and only half of them will."

X(

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 09-29-2007 06:38 PM]
09-29-2007 at 06:38 PM
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Wahoo! (+1)  
I personally would call it reformat time, as your computer is behaving rather screwy.
09-30-2007 at 03:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Wahoo! (Horrah for topic titles that give no description!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com