Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 17 1W
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
cattivik
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon Level 17 1W (0)  
Hi all,
I hate level 17! It's all about efficiency as the scroll says, but I'm everything but efficient :(.
Anyway, I 've solved most of the rooms, but I really need a few hints on this one: I understand that I need to clear out all the tar (1) before entering the corridor (2), but the problem is that I can't seem to find an efficient way of doing it, it grows faster than I can clear it.
Any hint would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
/andrea

12-01-2003 at 08:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
cattivik
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: Level 17 1W (0)  
Oops, never mind my post above...
how can I have been so stupid? Just by looking at the room image that I posted I noticed something that made me realize how to easily beat this room :)
I guess one can be efficient in more ways than one...

/a.

12-01-2003 at 08:53 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
Wow... I never noticed the easy way out. I always cleared out the tar completely first. :?

12-01-2003 at 03:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
I think I did too. ;)

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-01-2003 at 05:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Me too...and it doesn't really take that long, so no big deal. But give yourselves some credit...those breakable walls are much harder to see when actually in the game. The DROD room image thing really enhances the breakable walls.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-01-2003 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Oneiromancer wrote:
The DROD room image thing really enhances the breakable walls.
Yeah, that's my fault. There are two broken wall images per tile set, and I'm blindly using one of them. Same for the solid walls as well. I was thinking of enhancing the wall drawing soon - other than multi-square-doors, they're about the only thing left to get the online pics as good as the in-game screens.

12-01-2003 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
You know, looking at that room, it occured to me that a brain would have fitted in well in it.

12-01-2003 at 06:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I just always noticed the green door at the bottom, and assumed it was there for a reason...

12-01-2003 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I didn't see the breakable walls either and cleared the tar.
12-01-2003 at 11:13 PM
Skylancer64
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 62
I think I'm the only one who saw the broken wall and didn't know what it meant and cleared all the tar anyway. :(

Seriously though, its really really not that hard to clear all the tar. Tar's been in nearly every level since 8 up to 17. Unless you want to take the easy way out, just put all those skills you learned from all the tar before to use.

12-02-2003 at 02:24 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
I haven't had trouble noticing the breakable walls, although I still sometimes ended up clearing the tar anyway.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

12-03-2003 at 01:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
You could probably use clearing the tar in this room to practice being efficient at it. Then go have a :pepsi

12-03-2003 at 09:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 17 1W
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com