Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Meckmeck's world 2, 3.0.1, Bug!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Anson
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
IP: Logged
icon Meckmeck's world 2, 3.0.1, Bug! (0)  
When you get to Beethro's homeland 2S2W, At the monster camp, The eye cannon is glitched, when i start, the eye comes out and the drod.exe closes. but no drod.err sign comes up. What bug is this?

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.
Click here to view the secret text

09-24-2007 at 09:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
icon Re: Meckmeck's world 2, 3.0.1, Bug! (0)  
What do you mean by "no drod.err comes out"? Usually you don't see what goes into drod.err without reading it directly. Check the file, and see if any timestamp corresponds with when you experienced the error.
09-24-2007 at 10:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
You can open the DROD.err with notepad.
09-24-2007 at 10:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Anson
Im also wondering , Why does the eye come out in 3.0.1 and then the drod.exe closes? or did something go wrong with the hex code or etc.?

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.

09-24-2007 at 12:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
Anson wrote:
Im also wondering , Why does the eye come out in 3.0.1 and then the drod.exe closes? or did something go wrong with the hex code or etc.?
As stated in several places on the Bugs board -- I'm ignoring bug reports for 3.0.1. From now on, I'm only interested in bug reports for TCB version 3.1.0.52 and later.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-24-2007 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Anson
Oh did i type it werong? i have the 3.1.0 version, build 52. sorry i did the version wrong

09-25-2007 at 10:18 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Meckmeck's world 2, 3.0.1, Bug! (+1)  
Anson wrote:
Oh did i type it werong? i have the 3.1.0 version, build 52. sorry i did the version wrong
Don't get me wrong please, but re-reading what you typed before hitting send (using the "Preview Reply Message" button) *and* then correcting any obvious errors you find in your post really helps a lot.

Editing a post after posting if you still find a mistake helps as well - especially when it concerns such important matters as bug reports where tyops[sic!] *can* make all the difference.

And frankly, posts without syntax and grammar errors are simply easier to read and probably will be valued more by whoever reads them.

09-25-2007 at 12:10 PM
mrimer
Anson wrote:
When you get to Beethro's homeland 2S2W, At the monster camp, The eye cannon is glitched, when i start, the eye comes out and the drod.exe closes. but no drod.err sign comes up. What bug is this?
Anson, there is no level called Beethro's homeland, and there is only one room in the entire hold at 2S2W, and it is an empty entrance room. So what exactly are you talking about here? Your posts are confusing, and I'm going to ignore this thread from now on unless you can provide accurate details.

09-25-2007 at 02:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Meckmeck's world 2, 3.0.1, Bug! (+1)  
There was a monster camp in an early version of the hold. However this room isn't featured anymore in the release version.
09-25-2007 at 04:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
There was a monster camp in an early version of the hold. However this room isn't featured anymore in the release version.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. Looks like there's nothing to see here.

09-25-2007 at 04:52 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Meckmeck's world 2, 3.0.1, Bug!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com