Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Beethro's Day Off Crashes
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bomber50
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 872
IP: Logged
icon Beethro's Day Off Crashes (0)  
Right now, I've been getting multiple crashes in the hold Beethro's Day Off. I keep getting them in One South. They seem to happen whenever I undo. But it doesn't always happens when I undo, only sometimes. It's happened 5 times now.

Drod.Err says this...
Click here to view the secret text

Other holds seem fine though. It only seems like this room has a problem.

I get the crashes on the inner part of the room.

EDIT: It seems to take two undos. The first undo is a beep, and then the second undo closes the program.

[Last edited by bomber50 at 09-17-2007 11:41 PM]
09-17-2007 at 11:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Beethro's Day Off Crashes (+1)  
Which version are you using?
09-17-2007 at 11:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Beethro's Day Off Crashes (0)  
09-18-2007 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Try upgrading DROD and replaying the hold. I'm pretty sure even the Mac version is a few releases ahead (I could be wrong), but the PC version is almost at 3.1 and chances are a lot of issues have been fixed during the 3.0.x series...
09-18-2007 at 12:18 AM
schep
Rank Points: 865
Syntax wrote:
Try upgrading DROD...
Of course, only do this if you know how to backup all your data and go back to 3.0.0 if something goes wrong. Otherwise, just wait for that DBOD to reach 100% with the announcement of an officially supported 3.1.0. It shouldn't be too long now.

And yes, this does sound like a known bug which has been fixed.

09-18-2007 at 01:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Absolutely right... I just thought 3.0.2 was considered stable, but any upgrade should always be done *after* backing up your files.

If you're unsure, desist until 3.1
09-18-2007 at 04:28 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
For what it's worth, I keep getting Assertion error in line 1611 of .\GameScreen.cpp: "pCommand->pMonster" errors in Lunhcbreak: Applicant's Entrance: 1N1W, which I can avoid by hitting "space" to skip the speech. There seems to be something wrong with the guard's speech commands; as best I can tell before the game crashes, the guard isn't saying his lines. (The script appears fine in the editor.)

Note: I'm running 3.0.0, so I assume this could well have been fixed by now, but since this thread is the only hit for "Assertion error in line 1611", I figured I'd mention it here.
09-24-2007 at 05:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5059
Tahnan wrote:
Note: I'm running 3.0.0, so I assume this could well have been fixed by now, but since this thread is the only hit for "Assertion error in line 1611", I figured I'd mention it here.
FYI -- as posted in several other places on the Bugs board, I'm going to ignore any bug reports involving 3.0.0 from now on. I'm only considering reports for 3.1.0.52 and later.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-24-2007 at 08:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
mrimer wrote:
Tahnan wrote:
FYI -- as posted in several other places on the Bugs board, I'm going to ignore any bug reports involving 3.0.0 from now on. I'm only considering reports for 3.1.0.52 and later.
All right, then can someone who isn't ignoring this check and see if this is still a bug in 3.1.0.52, which I'd rather not install?
09-25-2007 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Tahnan wrote:
All right, then can someone who isn't ignoring this check and see if this is still a bug in 3.1.0.52, which I'd rather not install?
Why exactly? :|

Just zip up your DROD installation with your packer of choice, install the patch, test it a little, then delete your DROD dir and replace it with the contents of the zip file you created earlier.

Or simply make a copy of your DROD folder which you rename back after deleting the patched copy...

Don't be shy - it's not as if an upgrade were a total one-way street... :)

09-25-2007 at 08:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5059
I'm going to assume this is fixed ("Beethro's Day Off") in 3.1 unless someone reports otherwise.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-01-2007 at 03:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Beethro's Day Off Crashes
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com