Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Hazardous Halls
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mikko
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 276
IP: Logged

File: Hazardous Halls.hold (29.2 KB)
Downloaded 150 times.
License: Other
icon New Hold: Hazardous Halls (0)  
This hold is still very much under construction (the original plan was nine levels - I might have to adjust that), but I feel the first levels are now ready for public execu... I mean testing. I'm not completely satisfied with all the rooms, so any feedback is more than welcome.

[Edited by Mikko on 01-15-2004 at 03:09 PM GMT]
11-23-2003 at 01:53 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: New Hold: Hazardous Halls (0)  
Level 1 1W has a very trivial solution for the top left area:

Click here to view the secret text

11-24-2003 at 04:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
I can't seem to get the spider in the upper left corner of twice south without trapping myself on an arrow. Any hints?

11-26-2003 at 09:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
urban
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
i' finished level 1 and i realy enjoyed it, specially rooms 3W, 2S. THe style is excellent, a bit like Arena, but richer.
2W shoud be on the competition for the longest room ;)

Level 2 seems a lot harder..... :(
Is it possible to solve 1W entering from east?

good work

11-27-2003 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Level 2 1 west can only be entered from the east theres green doors blocking the other entrances.
11-27-2003 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mikko
Schik, don't destroy something that you might need later.

I actually found 1W on level 2 easy to solve, but that might be because I tested it using another background where the spiders are easy to spot. :P
11-28-2003 at 10:46 AM
urban
is it possible to kill the last bug in the 2s 2 level?
There seems to be a problem in that room top left. -_-
12-05-2003 at 04:08 AM
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
Finished it :) Almost totally good > excellent, with many ideas I've not encountered before, and some pretty room designs. The hold author is a big fan of patterns.

I got stuck on level 1 2W for a few days, mainly because I ran out of patience with the spiral (though the solution was still good) Level 2, 2W, stuck on the last column of this for a long time (excellent wraithwing in a confined space problem) I would have liked a checkpoint within that area somewhere so I could save my progress between the two parts of the last section. Level 2, 1N1E was nasty - I only completed this one by luck, and alot of experimentation.

There are a few 'easy' rooms (e.g. level 1, 2E) and rooms with interesting ideas, but a little tedious in practice, but on the whole, lots of good, and little if any bad.

Level 3, I got 'level complete' but there were no exit stairs. I'm not totally in favour of playing partial levels, since if I want to play the complete level, I'm going to have to go through a number of rooms again. Fortunately, what is in level 3 didn't take me so long to complete so it won't be a big deal (I'd say it's easier than level 2, so far, mainly because I'm much more comfortable with snakes than goblins)
12-13-2003 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
urban wrote:
is it possible to kill the last bug in the 2s 2 level?
There seems to be a problem in that room top left. -_-
It's possible. I won't provide a hint since you didn't ask for one ;)

Though of course, the same question came up previously in this thread, and said hint was provided.

Sometimes just knowing a room is possible is enough to lead to the solution, especially with beta holds which may or may not have been properly tested before release (in this case, it was)

[Edited by StuartK on 12-13-2003 at 06:08 PM GMT]
12-13-2003 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
urban
thanks, i´ve finished it as well.
it is a good hold, it´s not very difficult but not too easy. Good entertainment with some original puzzles.

congratulations Mikko

12-16-2003 at 12:08 PM
Atch
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 81
Level 2: 2S

Mikko wrote:
Schik, don't destroy something that you might need later.:P
Please don’t tell me that the ‘something you might need later’ is a goblin.

Yes or no? If it is a goblin then I am finished with this hold it is too difficult for me!

12-19-2003 at 05:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mikko
My break from this hold turned out to be longer than I first intended. The new version of the hold is now finally available in the first post. Included are:

-Small adjustments in the first two levels based on the feedback in this thread.
-A complete third level.
-The fourth level.
-A warp room.

The Eastern section of the third level (which was included in the previous version) is not required to complete the level this time. Although with the warp room I guess it doesn't really matter.
01-15-2004 at 03:14 PM
redfish
Rank Points: 19
Can someone point me in the right direction (or post demo) for level 3: 1s,1w. I find it impossible to keep up with tar production enough to prevent babies in the top hall and also leave myself room to get out from the right hand area after I've killed the mothers.
02-27-2004 at 10:43 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Hazardous Halls
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com