Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : COM2 Finished. (Done!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
roach strangler
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
IP: Logged

File: Castle of mirrors 2.hold (51 KB)
Downloaded 90 times.
License: Public Domain
icon COM2 Finished. (0)  
Here it is! Anyone can test so have fun!
08-22-2007 at 02:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BoyBlue
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 547
icon Re: COM2 Finished. (0)  
This is a pretty good hold, I think. There are not enough mirrors in it, though :).

"Trail to some where" level: I suggest marking all the rooms in this level as Not Required. It would have been nice to have that as a hint that I didn't have to clear them. There are no blue doors on the level, so it wouldn't affect anything. (Unless there are blue doors in the one room I can't get to. Someone else will have to confirm that the secret room with the rock giant on trapdoors is solvable.)

There is a backtracking problem in "Traped or what?":2N1E, if the player is pathological enough to un-clear the room and exit west.

"Traped or what":3N2E is a strange room.
Click here to view the secret text

And I think you mean "Trapped" not "Traped".

"Deep dungeons" level: Fighting brained roach swarms in the dark may not be everyone's idea of fun. Turning off alpha blending fixes that, I guess.

The ending text says "COM2: Part 1 Will come in the future". Should that be "COM2: Part 2"? (Or even just "COM3"?)
08-31-2007 at 01:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
roach strangler
BoyBlue wrote:
This is a pretty good hold, I think. There are not enough mirrors in it, though :).

"Trail to some where" level: I suggest marking all the rooms in this level as Not Required. It would have been nice to have that as a hint that I didn't have to clear them. There are no blue doors on the level, so it wouldn't affect anything. (Unless there are blue doors in the one room I can't get to. Someone else will have to confirm that the secret room with the rock giant on trapdoors is solvable.)

There is a backtracking problem in "Traped or what?":2N1E, if the player is pathological enough to un-clear the room and exit west.

"Traped or what":3N2E is a strange room.
Click here to view the secret text

And I think you mean "Trapped" not "Traped".

"Deep dungeons" level: Fighting brained roach swarms in the dark may not be everyone's idea of fun. Turning off alpha blending fixes that, I guess.

The ending text says "COM2: Part 1 Will come in the future". Should that be "COM2: Part 2"? (Or even just "COM3"?)

Well I was uploading new version's where the HA's play it but... You just gave me more flaws to fix. Thanks.

Oh and the rock golem secret is solveable. I've beat it a ton of times. And about the sentence where you said about the parts, the Castle of Mirrors 2 (this one) is more of an introduction, so I decided to make the next one part 1. I know it has no mirrors, but I'm planing to put another mirror world in each castle.

-Roachie.
08-31-2007 at 03:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
roach strangler
Oh and the deep dungeons is already fixed. But a newer version wasn't uploaded on the first post.
08-31-2007 at 03:51 AM
roach strangler

File: Castle of mirrors 2.hold (51 KB)
Downloaded 51 times.
License: Public Domain
Fixed.
08-31-2007 at 03:54 AM
roach strangler
Just a reminder to the HA's: The bar is at 100% I think it's time to post my hold.
09-28-2007 at 03:05 AM
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
We're just waiting on a few things. There are still some last minute tweaks being done. Once that's done, we'll be pushing through your hold.

[EDIT]

By which I mean, we'll be able to fully test your hold. Your hold will need two "Yes" votes to get promoted.

[Last edited by Syntax at 09-28-2007 05:14 PM]
09-28-2007 at 05:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : COM2 Finished. (Done!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com