Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : King Gregor's Dungeon
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1055
IP: Logged

File: King Gregors Dungeon.hold (16.8 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
License: Public Domain
icon King Gregor's Dungeon (0)  
This is the first three levels of my new hold, King Gregor's dungeon. Please comment to theese level and how to improve them.

07-20-2007 at 03:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
IP: Logged
icon Re: King Gregor's Dungeon (0)  
"Level 0": Is this negotiator character the king? If yes, then I'd suggest taking a male character or name it Queen Gregoria. Apart from that there's nothing bad about this level. (Well, the doorscript in 1N acts a little bit funny when reentering from 2N but I don't care about this.)

"Level 1": When I played the first room after the entrance (1N), I felt kind of reminded at KDD Level 1. These rooms all contain the very simple and basic "find the right orb and open the next door to kill all roaches" puzzle. This alone dosen't mean that those are bad rooms, but all of them don't seem to have only few challenge in them (exeptions: 1S where you can get stuck using an orb too early and the last section of 2S with the crumbly orb). On top of that this type of room usually gets boring after two of them. However, all in all I've seen much worser hack and slay rooms, so this level is acceptable. Ok.

"Level 2": You continue your hold in the same style, but you add roach queens. The rooms in this level are a little bit more interesting than the previous ones and there are some particular things I like (ex. the beginning of 1S). The other rooms are ok, but please remove the last part of 4S. It's a little bit time consuming and boring to do this again. The scroll in 5S is really a good thing ;). And with the rooms west and east of it you prove that you found the key to mirror rooms. If it wasn't so amusing I would suggest to redo at least one of these rooms.

"Level 3": Outstanding level description. That was fun! :). 1S is a good room where you have to use a trick in two of the "eye-cages". 2S contains another good pun but unfortunatly the puzzle in 2S is not as good as this pun. I suggest to reduce the number of the eyes a little and place them a little bit better. On the other hand it teaches at least to use eyes as shelter.

"Level 4": Scripting is often a lot of fun because you can do a lot of things with it. The scrips used here are mostly nothing new but they're used in a good way. Hooray for flaming fegundos and roach shredders. 4S really needs checkpoints. Meh, the door in 5S dosen't open.

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 07-20-2007 06:32 PM]
07-20-2007 at 05:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : King Gregor's Dungeon
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com