Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Room co-ordinates not showing
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
IP: Logged

File: drod.jpg (76.9 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Other
icon Room co-ordinates not showing (0)  
I haven't seen this before but on some rooms on the 8th level of Red Hawks hold I don't have anything where the room co-ordinates should be. I have attached a screen shot of one room. I am using the final release of 1.6
11-12-2003 at 03:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Room co-ordinates not showing (0)  
Sure, this needs to be fixed. Thanks for finding this and mentioning it! Could you post your three .dat files with instructions for reproducing this bug?

[Edited by mrimer on 12-09-2003 at 06:51 PM GMT]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-12-2003 at 05:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
I tried to attach a zip with the dats in but drodnet says its too big. The file is 1.1 meg zipped.
I am really not sure how to reproduce it as I was just playing Red Hawks hold and it started to happen. I loaded his 9th lvl hold warped to level 6 then warped to level 8 and starting playing it. I didn't do anything special though I do alt tab out of the game a lot and switch back.
11-12-2003 at 06:40 AM
mrimer
Scott wrote:
I am really not sure how to reproduce it as I was just playing Red Hawks hold and it started to happen. I loaded his 9th lvl hold warped to level 6 then warped to level 8 and starting playing it. I didn't do anything special though I do alt tab out of the game a lot and switch back.
Is that when it occurred: when you alt-tabbed out of DROD and back the room coordinates were missing? Or was it when you entered a new room, or just while walking around inside the room, or...?

11-12-2003 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
mrimer wrote:
Scott wrote:
Is that when it occurred: when you alt-tabbed out of DROD and back the room coordinates were missing? Or was it when you entered a new room, or just while walking around inside the room, or...?

I've seen this happen in my hold too, especially when editing. The text in the coordinate bar disappears if the level name, coordinates and other things appearing on it together make a string longer than a certain number of characters. If this happens, the text at the top disappears, and I get a warning "dong" noise. My drod.err file is about 58KB in size now, filled with warnings like this:

" Assertion error in line 243 of E:\\data\\DRODCVS\\Caravel\\DROD\\RoomScreen.cpp: "Sign width too large."

11-12-2003 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
You nailed it there. I just had a look. 2 south for example shows the room co-ordinates but 2 south 1 east doesn't. It is the length of the level name plus the room co-ordinates that does it.
11-12-2003 at 11:30 PM
mrimer
Thanks for nailing this down. I'm putting in a bug report.

11-13-2003 at 05:28 PM
mrimer
I fixed this bug (changed it to show as much text as will fit in the scroll if the text's too long) for the next release.

(The reason I put so many bugs in the code is so that I can get my post count up really high as I fix them :eyes )

11-16-2003 at 03:13 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
mrimer wrote:
(The reason I put so many bugs in the code is so that I can get my post count up really high as I fix them :eyes )
Hey, if Onei didn't get anything special for hitting 1000, you won't either. :P

11-16-2003 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Room co-ordinates not showing
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com