Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : graphical bug: blue tint in mac osx (TCB full.3.0.0.rc1.dmg)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
House
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon graphical bug: blue tint in mac osx (0)  
Installed TCB full.3.0.0.rc1.dmg on MBP CD with Radeon X1600.

Playing in windowed mode, when the game starts up my entire display takes on a slight blue hue. I can still work in other windows but it is slightly annoying. I tried looking for a setting: turned off alpha blending, moved the gamma slider but nothing reverts the display to the colors and brightness it has when the game is not running.

I assume this is a bug and not intentional? Is there a way I can play in windowed mode without having the rest of my desktop affected?

Thanks.
07-07-2007 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5059
icon Re: graphical bug: blue tint in mac osx (0)  
Old report, but I can at least follow up by saying I don't know what's happening here. If this is still happening to any Mac users with 3.1, would you post a screenshot showing what this looks like?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-01-2007 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
icon Re: graphical bug: blue tint in mac osx (+1)  
Yes, this still happens. Here are the two pics in a .zip. Actually, I prefer the blue tinted color! (Maybe I've just gotten used to it because of playing DROD too often!)

EDIT: I've just taken a look at the files, and they are the same! Taking a screenshot doesn't notice the tint!

[Last edited by Jason at 11-01-2007 05:02 PM]
11-01-2007 at 05:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Jason wrote:
EDIT: I've just taken a look at the files, and they are the same! Taking a screenshot doesn't notice the tint!
I'd guess it's caused by the way gamma is getting set, then... that'll only affect how the image looks on the screen, but not screenshots.

For me, if I use ATI Tray Tools (or ATI's own Control Center) in Windows to give the screen a coloured tint, it's gone again as soon as I bring the DROD window to the foreground. Maybe your Mac is set to some warmer color temperature which gets wiped by the way DROD sets the screen's gamma value?

np: Prefuse 73 - Ramen Noodle Version (Oddjob Discrimination)

11-01-2007 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
I just looked at my color settings and can reproduce the tint by switching to 'Adobe RGB (1998)'

Mine was set at 'Color LCD' and the others are 'Generic RGB Profile' and 'sRBG Profile'.

11-01-2007 at 06:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Well, how about putting a checkbox in front of the word "Gamma" and not touching gamma at all if it's unchecked? I at least find changing the gamma quite intrusive and/or jarring if a program isn't running in fullscreen...

np: Prefuse 73 - Female Demands (One Word Extinguisher)

11-01-2007 at 06:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Briareos wrote:
Well, how about putting a checkbox in front of the word "Gamma" and not touching gamma at all if it's unchecked? I at least find changing the gamma quite intrusive and/or jarring if a program isn't running in fullscreen...
Hmm...

Does this blue tinting occur at every gamma value? If you set (or leave) the gamma at exactly 1.0, then does it still appear?

11-01-2007 at 06:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jason
I've never touched the gamma, and mine is still at one. The blue tint still happens. Is that what you are talking about?

11-01-2007 at 06:30 PM
mrimer
Jason wrote:
I've never touched the gamma, and mine is still at one. The blue tint still happens. Is that what you are talking about?
Yeah. Then, I guess I can make DROD not call its SetGamma code if the value is the default. That would at least help in the general user's case then, and not annoy new players who are starting up the game for the first time.

11-01-2007 at 06:35 PM
Briareos
mrimer wrote:
Jason wrote:
Yeah. Then, I guess I can make DROD not call its SetGamma code if the value is the default. That would at least help in the general user's case then, and not annoy new players who are starting up the game for the first time.
Ummm... what about people who've already touched the slider? Maybe add a reset button for the gamma?

np: Prefuse 73 - Storm Returns (Prefuse & Tommy Guerrero) (One Word Extinguisher)

11-01-2007 at 07:02 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : graphical bug: blue tint in mac osx (TCB full.3.0.0.rc1.dmg)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com