Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Forum request (About the SubTerra forum)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Radiant!
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
IP: Logged
icon Forum request (0)  
I have a question for the board owners. There are a few other Crystal Shard games on the verge of being finished. I was wondering if there were objections to renaming the SubTerra forum to the Crystal Shard forum, so that people can ask for info or hints there as well?

I don't mean now immediately but I just wanted to ask. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
06-20-2007 at 01:33 PM
View Profile Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Forum request (0)  
I don't have any problem with it, but you might want to ask Erik or Mike directly by e-mail to be sure they don't mind. It is easy to change.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-20-2007 at 02:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant!
Erik in the past told me to contact him by forum :) but I'll drop him a mail anyway.
06-20-2007 at 03:08 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5106
I don't have a problem with this either. I've made this change, but Erik can change it back if there's some issue with this. Also, if you'd like to alter the board subtext description, just let us know what you'd like it redone as.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-21-2007 at 07:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant!
Thank you. I think I'd like to change the forum subtext into a list of the games, as soon as there are more games there than SubTerra. Can I just PM either of you for such changes?

(I believe I'm a mod in that forum? Does that entitle me to change the forum desc?)

[Last edited by Radiant! at 06-21-2007 10:50 PM]
06-21-2007 at 10:40 PM
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
needs a little more text than just a list. something like:

"The place to discuss and share levels and get hints for Crystal Shard games, such as Subterra and Leylines."

06-21-2007 at 10:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Radiant! wrote:
Thank you. I think I'd like to change the forum subtext into a list of the games, as soon as there are more games there than SubTerra. Can I just PM either of you for such changes?

(I believe I'm a mod in that forum? Does that entitle me to change the forum desc?)
I'll take care of it if you want to PM me your new text, Radiant (when it is available, although if it is the first week of July I will be on vacation and will be slow to answer, although I still plan on checking the boards at least every few days).

Being a moderator lets you lock, sticky, edit, and move posts, it doesn't let you do the admin things like changing entire boards or banning users. If you ever needed to ban a user you'd probably be best posting about it in the Moderators private board that you have access to and let an admin know.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 06-22-2007 12:26 AM]
06-22-2007 at 12:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1134
Radiant! wrote:
There are a few other Crystal Shard games on the verge of being finished.

Would this include A Tale of Two Kingdoms?

06-26-2007 at 06:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant!
Pinnacle wrote:
Would this include A Tale of Two Kingdoms?

As a matter of fact, yes. I'll put in an announce this week.

Oneiro, could you please change the text to fit this in? Something like this, I suppose (comments on the text welcome, I hope it's not too long)

The place for discussing SubTerra (the puzzle game) and A Tale Of Two Kingdoms (the graphic adventure). Check them out, share experiences, ask for hints, and show off new levels.
07-17-2007 at 09:16 PM
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Forum request (+1)  
Radiant! wrote:
Oneiro, could you please change the text to fit this in? Something like this, I suppose (comments on the text welcome, I hope it's not too long)

The place for discussing SubTerra (the puzzle game) and A Tale Of Two Kingdoms (the graphic adventure). Check them out, share experiences, ask for hints, and show off new levels.
Done. It's definitely not too long, but if you want to change it, let me know and I'll do it.

07-17-2007 at 10:19 PM
Radiant!
Thank you!

07-18-2007 at 04:09 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Ah, switched my account back, d'oh :)

A short question - is this worthy of an announcement in the Illumination board? Or perhaps the computer games board instead? Just thought I'd ask.

07-18-2007 at 04:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Radiant wrote:
A short question - is this worthy of an announcement in the Illumination board? Or perhaps the computer games board instead? Just thought I'd ask.
I'm sure Erik would be happy to put it in the next Illumination, but you might want to e-mail him directly, as I don't know that he would see this post.

I think an unobtrusive reminder on the Electronic Games board that the Crystal Shard Games board exists should be okay as well. :)

07-18-2007 at 06:24 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Forum request (About the SubTerra forum)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com