Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Characters don't periodically alter appearance
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged
icon Characters don't periodically alter appearance (+1)  
As mrimer already knows, but now it's officially posted here. Unlike in JtRH, characters in TCB don't undergo that occasional change in appearance (slight pulsing, wings flapping, blinking, whatever it might be).
06-19-2007 at 05:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Characters don't periodically alter appearance (0)  
Tahnan wrote:
As mrimer already knows, but now it's officially posted here. Unlike in JtRH, characters in TCB don't undergo that occasional change in appearance (slight pulsing, wings flapping, blinking, whatever it might be).
Thanks. I've fixed it. I just noticed the same happens to the player in swordless roles and fixed that too.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-26-2007 at 05:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
I was highly interested in that routine for my own efforts. I'm curious - what recourse besides downloading different versions and doing manual diffs can I get to examining your bug fixes?
(I'm still waiting on a tar of 3.0.0 so I can compare to the 3.0.2buggy source that I have)

06-26-2007 at 06:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer

File: RoomWidget.cpp.diff.txt (5 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Characters don't periodically alter appearance (+1)  
silver wrote:
I was highly interested in that routine for my own efforts. I'm curious - what recourse besides downloading different versions and doing manual diffs can I get to examining your bug fixes?
Sorry, there is none. I'll post a diff of RoomWidget rendering fixes here for your convenience though.
(I'm still waiting on a tar of 3.0.0 so I can compare to the 3.0.2buggy source that I have)
Oh, are you waiting on me for that? Sorry, I've been completely negligent about version tagging and I don't have a tar of 3.0.0. I'll resolve to do better at that in the future.

[Last edited by mrimer at 06-26-2007 06:29 AM]
06-26-2007 at 06:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
well, it might pick up some oddities with tweaks or something, but would still be terribly educational to me if you could do:
cvs diff -D Insert_Date_of_3_0_0_Release_Here
except in svn syntax :)

06-26-2007 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
DROD code is on subversion?

svn diff -r <Revision of 3.0.0 release>:<Revision of 3.0.2 source bundle> > drod3-0-0.patch

You can also reverse the numbers, which will give you a reverse diff, allowing someone with the 3.0.2 source to patch it backwards to 3.0.0

You could also release a diff for the source bundle up to the most recent version.
06-26-2007 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
he didn't tag the release, though, and hasn't been operating in branches.

06-27-2007 at 03:00 AM
jmpava
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 41
silver wrote:
he didn't tag the release, though, and hasn't been operating in branches.

Eh, you'll still have the revision number of the svn repository at the time of the 3.0.0 release, it just may not be entirely exact depending on how specific mrimer remembers it. It doesn't NEED to be tagged or branched for svn revision dif, it just makes it safer to fully trust it. What coppro said should be fine, although if anything else unrelated is in this repository you might want to do a directory specific diff instead.

06-27-2007 at 04:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer

File: DROD300_2_diffs.rar (136.3 KB)
Downloaded 39 times.
silver wrote:
well, it might pick up some oddities with tweaks or something, but would still be terribly educational to me if you could do:
cvs diff -D Insert_Date_of_3_0_0_Release_Here
except in svn syntax :)
Okay, here's the output of running
cvs ... diff -w -u -D"Apr 1, 2007 GMT" -D"Apr 27, 2007 GMT"

This should give all the changes from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2.rev2. In case you wanted it the other way, I provided a reverse diff too (in case you want to "unpatch" your 3.0.2 source back to the way it was in 3.0.0).

06-28-2007 at 03:24 PM
mrimer

File: diff_3.0.2.3.rar (32.6 KB)
Downloaded 36 times.
For good measure, and also in case I missed anything due to the way I specified the time zones (should have used MDT, probably), here's a diff from after the above patch to the current state of the code on my local machine (If it matters to you devs out there, I might suggest applying it, since it fixes up various instabilities in 3.0.2.rev2.)

06-28-2007 at 03:35 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Characters don't periodically alter appearance
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com