Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : high score suggestion
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
IP: Logged
icon high score suggestion (0)  
(1) tease out the permission to mark rooms in other people's holds as unconquerable so it can be given to someone without giving them any other superduper permissions
(2) give this new permission to rabscuttle. we can trust him to do things like "mark the 2 rooms in adam's tower where you have to step on a master door to conquer the room" and not to go on a rampage of marking every empty entrance room as unhighscorable just because they're "not interesting".

[Last edited by silver at 06-09-2007 12:04 PM]
06-09-2007 at 11:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: high score suggestion (0)  
I think Schik plans to give this power to all hold admins sooner or later, which includes Rabscuttle and Wallu. Since those two are basically in charge of telling Schik what rooms to mark unhighscorable right now, this should neatly solve the issue.

Except, of course, if some other hold admin decides to start marking rooms unhighscorable by a different criteria. But that's why we have guidelines and I trust that won't happen.

06-09-2007 at 12:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: high score suggestion (0)  
eytanz wrote:
Except, of course, if some other hold admin decides to start marking rooms unhighscorable by a different criteria. But that's why we have guidelines and I trust that won't happen.
Well, I do hope we'll discuss those rooms first instead of outright marking them...

On the other hand, maybe the high score system should treat rooms as unscoreable by default until the spider gets to verify a valid demo and thus proves it's solveable - that would make rooms that can only be exited via a master wall automatically unscoreable...

np: Popnoname - No Doubt (White Album)

[Last edited by Briareos at 06-09-2007 04:07 PM]
06-09-2007 at 04:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: high score suggestion (+1)  
wallu wrote:
I like the current system where all rooms are initially assumed to be solvable and high-scorable. And only if they are proven not to be high-scorable or they aren't otherwise wanted to be high-scorable, they are removed.
Errr... the way I meant it a room would be either "scorable", "unscorable" or "unknown". "Unknown" would be default for new rooms, and when the spider checked a demo for the room and found it to be correct the room would automatically be marked "scorable". Of course, only known scoreable rooms would have to be used for high score calculations, but unless the spider is on vacation/AWOL again that should happen very soon afterwards.

There still would need to be an "unscorable" setting for rooms that would be solveable, but are considered uninteresting, like 1-move solveable rooms.

Just my 0.02 bits, anyway... :)

np: Robert Babicz - Flower Of Life (A Cheerful Temper)

[Last edited by Briareos at 06-10-2007 05:14 PM]
06-09-2007 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : high score suggestion
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com