Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : tokens (the idea bothers me)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
IP: Logged
icon Re: tokens (0)  
Lol.. ok, ok. Let's just say in the world of Eighth, the physics are different enough compared to the physics we understand that it would probably be called "magic" because of our lack of understanding.

Stop sign, people really do stop. I also considered force arrows "invisible".

Click here to view the secret text

06-07-2007 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
Yellow_Mage wrote:
Stop sign, people really do stop. I also considered force arrows "invisible".

are you saying force arrows are like a stop sign? or are you saying "stop trying to make up physics for the game?"

[Last edited by silver at 06-07-2007 08:40 PM]
06-07-2007 at 08:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Rank Points: 267
No, not really, unless it's from many games that have STOP signs that you put down to stop characters from moving somewhere. You are compelled to stop at a Stop sign, but in a game it's an absolute.

Click here to view the secret text

06-07-2007 at 08:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AtkinsSJ
Rank Points: 107
I think the disarm tokens would be more accepted if they were instead just racks with swords on. "Hey, I'm going to put my Really Big Sword (TM) on that rack until I need it." makes much more sense than "I'm going to stand on that magical yellow rune that makes my Really Big Sword (TM) disappear."
I also think that vision tokens would work better as potions - though there would then be possibly too many to remember.

Force arrows just do my head in, because I can't think of any logical explanation for them. :P
06-11-2007 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : tokens (the idea bothers me)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com