Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Feature Requests...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon Feature Requests... (0)  
I can't think about any new monsters right now, but I think there should be several new types of tiles in 1.7 - here are 2 of my ideas.

1. somewhere where Beethro can't put his sword.
2. a monsters-only square

Also, I think you should be able to place down mimics before Beethro enters the room. It could make some interesting puzzles, particularly if the mimic is in a different sword position than Beethro when he enters.

I am sorry if anyone has mentioned any of this before - I didn't have time to check everything.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
10-28-2003 at 05:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Feature Requests... (0)  
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Also, I think you should be able to place down mimics before Beethro enters the room. It could make some interesting puzzles, particularly if the mimic is in a different sword position than Beethro when he enters.
How could you place a mimic in a room before Beethro enters it?

Did you mean you want a type of mimic that starts with a different orientation to Beethro when you position it?

10-28-2003 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
I'm not sure, but I think "Iron walls" don't let Beethro put his sword there. But I can see a swordless tile as well. Obviously, a new graphic would be needed, perhaps a green trapdoor type of thing? Something else perhaps...

Some questions that would arise from this though:

What if Beethro tries to swing his sword there? Would it count as a Pause? Would it count as a swing and swing back? What if he moves so his sword would be there?

As for the monsters only tile, I think I like the idea. It would probably need be something like a trapdoor that falls automatically if Beethro steps on it. Monsters would, obviously again, be fine. What of mimics though?

I would veto the mimics in the room before Beethro enters though, for the same reason you think it's nifty. Having a different sword setup would be confusing for the player, and cause a lot more concentration than necessary. Also, mimics being Beethro's only semi-ally, he should be able to direct them where he wants to.

10-28-2003 at 05:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Ag-

We posted at about the same time. I saw that statement as "the architect can place mimics."

10-28-2003 at 05:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
If "Iron Walls" was my magnetic thing, then the wall attracts Beethro's sword and then he is unable to move it elsewhere until he moves away. If it was someone else's from a long time ago then I'm not sure.

The "monsters only" tile could be on the same palette as the force arrows, so it can go over doors, pits, etc. And I think mimics should be able to go over it, that way you could put trapdoors under them. And especially if there will be new creatures that can drop trapdoors.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-28-2003 at 05:58 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Oneiromancer wrote:
If "Iron Walls" was my magnetic thing, then the wall attracts Beethro's sword and then he is unable to move it elsewhere until he moves away. If it was someone else's from a long time ago then I'm not sure.

Did you mean my "Silver Orb" on the SF page?:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=595349&group_id=10939&atid=360939

10-28-2003 at 07:39 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
No, my post was more or less different, although the two could conceivably work together. Here is mine:

http://www.drod.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=1303

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-28-2003 at 08:15 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Feature Requests...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com