Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The 10000th Post
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon The 10000th Post (0)  
It's a little pointless, but...

Look at how the forum has grown!

I announce that this post, which is utterly useless for all other purposes(:D), is the 10000th one!

I've just checked, and it seems that we have been online for 261 days - that's around 38.3 posts a day!

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-23-2003 at 10:45 AM GMT]

10-23-2003 at 10:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: The 10000th Post (0)  
D'oh! I wanted to be the one to post this...it must have happened while I was asleep. :buh Guess I'll have to look out for the 20,000th post... ;)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-23-2003 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Or you can keep posting until you get 20,000. You're the closest non-admin/game coder to it.

10-26-2003 at 03:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Or you could just overtake Erik and be the most active person on the board.

Aren't you doing a degree?

Matt

10-26-2003 at 04:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Yikes. Are you guys bitter? :P

Yes, I am getting a Ph.D., but what that means at this point is I spend a lot of time in front of the computer writing papers, or in front of the computer running an experiment, and so it's easy to take "micro-breaks" all the time to check the forum. And I work pretty long days, for nearly zero money, so I spend most of my evenings at home. Eytan's got lots of posts too, and he's a grad student too...must be a connection there...

Anyway, I post a lot because I love this game and I like the people here and I have lots of fun doing it. I'm sure I'll surpass Erik soon, since he's taking his hiatus...and anyway, as Schik and have discussed, he used to be way ahead of Erik before he slowed his posting down. So it's not a new thing.

Well. I think I'll end my unsolicited (and probably unwarranted) diatribe now.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-26-2003 at 05:20 AM
Mattcrampy
Nah, not really. Enjoy your fame, and we'll be sure to create a special rank hust for you when you hit it.

On a related note, I think I need to use more emoticons.

Matt

10-26-2003 at 12:42 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Oneiromancer wrote:
I'm sure I'll surpass Erik soon, since he's taking his hiatus...
Yeah, you did overtake me while I was off hammocking. Lousy troublemaker!

-Erik

11-10-2003 at 07:24 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Mattcrampy wrote:
Nah, not really. Enjoy your fame, and we'll be sure to create a special rank hust for you when you hit it.

On a related note, I think I need to use more emoticons.

Perhaps a new user status, too. Like "Silver Smitemaster" at 1000 posts. Just a thought.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

11-11-2003 at 05:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I'd rather take ranks that come from the stories/game - I'm not sure what those could be but I'm sure there's stuff in there that can be adapted.

11-11-2003 at 06:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
No, I was planning to go into the admin bit and move Oneiros to a new category named "No. #1 Poster" or something.

Actually, I'm not happy with having all those rnaks out of order. I think I'll fiddle around with them at some point. Maybe on the test forum.

Matt

11-11-2003 at 04:19 PM
Oneiromancer
Mattcrampy wrote:
No, I was planning to go into the admin bit and move Oneiros to a new category named "No. #1 Poster" or something.

God, I hope you're kidding. That's way too much pressure on me. I'd rather have a ranking that someone else can share at some point. I had actually been thinking along the lines of Noah, something like "Elite Smitemaster". Because it only makes sense to have a *.Smitemaster between Smitemaster and Legendary Smitemaster. Unless you rearrange everything else, which could annoy people and also make several old posts incorrect.

Ooh, a cool thing could be to let those who have more than a certain number of posts choose their own title. Subject to admin approval, of course. That would be really neat but is probably over the top.

Game on,

11-11-2003 at 05:05 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Oneiromancer wrote:
Ooh, a cool thing could be to let those who have more than a certain number of posts choose their own title. Subject to admin approval, of course. That would be really neat but is probably over the top.
Why ever not? Plenty of other boards allow custom titles, why not here?

"Oook!"
11-11-2003 at 07:10 PM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Oneiromancer wrote:
On some other board, I got into a situation where I "had to" get a custom title. In stead of choosing some stupid/boring title myself, I got an idea: Let the others frequenting the board decide! This is (very!) risky business, but it can be great fun as well! :devil

The title I got ? It didn't have much to do with me, really, but it was really unique. Sorry, but I can't say what it was. Kids are present. :D

- Gerry
11-11-2003 at 07:29 PM
Mattcrampy
That's actually a really cool idea. I like it.

Matt

11-12-2003 at 05:49 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Oh boy... I'll have to actually be nice to people, or else I'm going to end up with something really unpleasent once I reach 1000 posts :glasses

11-12-2003 at 06:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Sure, have the forum pick a title for me. I await it with bated breath. If it was up to me I would probably just pick something lame like "Gamer".

Game on,

11-12-2003 at 07:12 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The 10000th Post
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com