Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Tar seep (Seep that moves through tarstuff)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
baf
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon Tar seep (+1)  
The idea is simple: something that acts like the Seep, but instead of walls, it moves inside tarstuff. To increase its puzzle potential, I further suggest that it only be immune to sword blows, and killable by removing the tarstuff from the spot it's on. Or, if even that's too easy, make it so that it survives long enough to kill you if it's right next to you. The only way to kill it then would be to remove some tarstuff next to it and reduce the spot it's on to a baby.

05-04-2007 at 03:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Tar seep (0)  
Somehow I knew that there'd be at least one good idea coming from this guy.

I think that "tar-movers" are something that is necessary--it is currently the only game element that nothing can move on. While some may say that that's a good thing, it's getting to the point where I want to be in danger at all times. Perhaps this is because I've been playing so long, but still.

Even if this particular idea is not implemented, it's the best method I've heard of for killing such a tar-mover. That is, it will die if the tarstuff beneath it disappears. The "make a baby below it" idea is interesting, but would make pretty much all basic tarstuff forms uncuttable, without extra help, or slowing the tarstuff monsters. These monsters would change my tarstuff-cutting algorithm, and I welcome this sort of mental agility test.

05-04-2007 at 03:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
baf said:
To increase its puzzle potential, I further suggest that it only be immune to sword blows, and killable by removing the tarstuff from the spot it's on

I think that instead of this, it should die if it does not have anywhere beside it that is tarstuff, and kill you if there is. Examples:

M = mud
T = tar
G = gel
X = kill spot with tarstuff, and with tar seep
x = kill spot with tarstuff, and without tar seep
s = tarstuff with tar seep

MM
MX

TT
TX
TT

GGG
GxG
Gs

it would die in all of these situations, and would not kill you.
then you would not need a speed potion / tunnel / clone / mimic / decoy / stalwart
05-04-2007 at 04:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Perhaps it could only attack beethro from non-cuttable squares. And, to accomodate this, it would prefer to move onto non-cuttable squares over cuttable squares. This would make mud-runners different from tar-runners different from gel-runners (or if there is only one type that can move on all three types of tar-stuff, then it would change behavior depending on the type it was on).

05-04-2007 at 01:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
That would be good. Then tarstuff switchers have even more puzzle potential.
05-04-2007 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
Links to somewhat similar FRs:

Tar pike

Tar shark

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-05-2007 at 11:06 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Tar seep (Seep that moves through tarstuff)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com