Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Another failed mod for JtRH: Demo (Meaning another incredibly long Lamparski-style question)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged

File: AAAAMod.zip (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 47 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Another failed mod for JtRH: Demo (0)  
This whole graphics modding thing is really starting to get to me . . . here's basically my problem: My mod is editing the wrong tiles, even though I checked thoroughly through coppro's guide. I'm not sure why this is happening . . .

So, I'm going downstairs, and I'm not going to check back for a while, so if you have any questions about the specifics, I have a very specific situation below.

I have a folder full of graphics tiles for walls that I used Print Screen/SysRq, copy, and paste to get from the Foundation set (for JtRH). I put another copy of these into another folder, and I'm one by one editing them to my tileset and saving them as .pngs.

So I finally decided to see if it's working so far. I made a 308x22 bitmap, filled it with four tiles (The ones for a horizontal wall, and the one for the center pieces in hard wall), and left the other 10 blank.

I made the .tim file have the same name as the png. I put "692,688,690,679,!10" as the line to make it change those four tiles and ignore the other 10. I put everything in the Bitmaps folder.

I add the line to general tiles, so it says this:

[Graphics]
General=GeneralTiles
Style1=Style1
Style1=AAAAMod
Style2=Style2
Style3=Style3

I made sure that DROD was closed while I did that. Then I opened it, but found it edited the wrong tiles. As if you need any more information, here's the mod. In a zip folder.

This is my second mod, both of which failed. And this one, unlike the other one, has about 60 or so tiles left for me to add on to the measly 4 I have.

05-04-2007 at 01:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: Another failed mod for JtRH: Demo (+1)  
Well, I'm going to put forth a reason.

My guide seems to be inaccurate. I could have sworn I got it all right, but I'll probably fix it sometime. Can you make do with the following (from the source code)?:

Click here to view the secret text

I apologise to anyone who I may have inconvenienced.

Patrick, would you please add a note to my article about the walls being innaccurate?

Since this is my fault, you can PM me with any other questions you have.
05-04-2007 at 02:08 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Another failed mod for JtRH: Demo (0)  
Noted.

05-04-2007 at 07:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Another failed mod for JtRH: Demo (0)  
Thank you so much, Coppro. In fact, with that info, I was able to make the mod in just one day. Well, my mod doesn't account for inside corners, so I guess I had it a little bit easy . . .

Now, for another question: How do I turn this into a DROD Media file so that it can be imported into DROD: TCB?

Of course, I probably won't use this mod in any holds I submit (because it still looks wierd), but I would like to know how to import it for future reference.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 05-06-2007 05:02 PM]
05-06-2007 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Another failed mod for JtRH: Demo (+1)  
Kwakstur wrote:
Now, for another question: How do I turn this into a DROD Media file so that it can be imported into DROD: TCB?

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=14875&page=0#174391

but see

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=15085

[Last edited by silver at 05-06-2007 05:39 PM]
05-06-2007 at 05:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Another failed mod for JtRH: Demo (Meaning another incredibly long Lamparski-style question)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com