Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Mark completed secret rooms on the restore screen minimap
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
IP: Logged
icon Mark completed secret rooms on the restore screen minimap (0)  
I'm currently staring at "The Domain of the Grinfidel"'s third level as TCB tells me I've only completed 2 out of 3 secret rooms, even though it has got victory demos for all three rooms - and I'm at a loss which of the three it thinks I'm missing.

Could we please have a definitive indicator on the minimap (or above the room image when a room is selected) that shows whether a secret room is considered conquered or not? How about putting "(unconquered)" after the location name, as in "Twice West (unconquered)"?

Or could TCB maybe consider a room conquered once I download my own victory demo from CaravelNet?

np: Star You Star Me - Sweet Things (Simple Things)

04-27-2007 at 03:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mark completed secret rooms on the restore screen minimap (0)  
Also, could we have some sort of marking (other than the pink coloring on the minimap) that indicates that a room is secret? The pink coloring really indicates which rooms are not required to open the blue doors (of which secret rooms are a subset, so they should be colored pink). And anyway, in a lot of cases, its really hard to distinguish the pink coloring since there are a number of floor tiles that can mask it.

If this already exists, please disregard, but I had a similar problem while working through TCB (I had the mastered flag bug) and couldn't find anything that indicated what I was looking for.

04-27-2007 at 03:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Mark completed secret rooms on the restore screen minimap
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com