Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Warning: Clone potions (not a hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
IP: Logged
icon Warning: Clone potions (+1)  
As a beta tester of TCB (and a HA), I just want to warn to any budding architects of use of Clone Potions.

They can easily make a hold unfinishable, by players cloning their clones somewhere normally not accesible, exit the room and come back, and find themselves stuck. (quote partially borrowed from Alneyan during Chat, credits to him).

Please check rooms with clone potions carefully. It saves a lot of work for testers.

Thanks in advance,
-- Tim

PS. I will probably put this in a FAQ sometime later.

[Last edited by Tim at 04-21-2007 09:28 PM]
04-21-2007 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mikko
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 276
icon Re: Warning: Clone potions (+2)  
You should also be aware that some might find the thought of Beethro, with a red nose and oddly coloured curly hair, riding in a vehicle smaller than himself, to be rather disturbing.
04-22-2007 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Warning: Clone potions (+1)  
Oh, thanks. Now I want to build an entire hold around the idea of Clown Potions.

Or else based on stupid clone-potion puns. "Please--I vant to be a clone." "I could really go for a vanilla ice cream clone right now." "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Clone)." And it's so not a good idea.
04-22-2007 at 04:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kie
Rank Points: 221
icon Re: Warning: Clone potions (0)  
No. It's not.

04-22-2007 at 05:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
Tahnan wrote:
Oh, thanks. Now I want to build an entire hold around the idea of Clown Potions.

Well, the new slayers seem rather like evil clowns. I suppose the old one did too, but its more pronounced now. So, there would be an easy effect to change into clown form. Not sure how it would benefit you though. Maybe when you're a clown, small children would flee from you, opening new paths. Nothing good can come of this...

04-22-2007 at 05:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
No. It can't.
04-22-2007 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kie
Rank Points: 221
No mod points. I can't.

04-22-2007 at 05:48 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
I'm just waiting for the obvious hold "Attack of the Clones".

04-23-2007 at 12:08 AM
Yellow_Mage
Rank Points: 267
Tim wrote:
As a beta tester of TCB (and a HA), I just want to warn to any budding architects of use of Clone Potions.

They can easily make a hold unfinishable, by players cloning their clones somewhere normally not accesible, exit the room and come back, and find themselves stuck. (quote partially borrowed from Alneyan during Chat, credits to him).

Please check rooms with clone potions carefully. It saves a lot of work for testers.

Thanks in advance,
-- Tim

PS. I will probably put this in a FAQ sometime later.

That makes me think about a possible interesting way of time travel / teleportation where a copy is made of yourself and the previous is deleted,I can't remember the film, or was it a book, maybe it was a dream... but it went along the path of that the original don't get destroyed and there are copies of you running loose... Where do all the clones go?!?!

The time travel thing is more like Quantum Leap.

Click here to view the secret text

04-24-2007 at 06:20 PM
Casebier
Rank Points: 283
Yellow_Mage wrote:
That makes me think about a possible interesting way of time travel / teleportation where a copy is made of yourself and the previous is deleted,I can't remember the film, or was it a book, maybe it was a dream... but it went along the path of that the original don't get destroyed and there are copies of you running loose... Where do all the clones go?!?!
The time travel thing is more like Quantum Leap.
Well, Timeline was like that. There was also an episode of The Twilight Zone that had the copies being destroyed (it was a technology granted by aliens that looked like Velociraptors).

04-25-2007 at 02:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Casebier wrote:
There was also an episode of The Twilight Zone that had the copies being destroyed (it was a technology granted by aliens that looked like Velociraptors).
I was puzzled when I read this, because I saw the episode and remembered it as being good, so I thought it couldn't possibly be from the 2002 series of The Twilight Zone.

So I looked it up; in fact, it was this episode of The Outer Limits.
04-25-2007 at 05:37 PM
Yellow_Mage
Rank Points: 267
Tahnan wrote:
Casebier wrote:
There was also an episode of The Twilight Zone that had the copies being destroyed (it was a technology granted by aliens that looked like Velociraptors).
I was puzzled when I read this, because I saw the episode and remembered it as being good, so I thought it couldn't possibly be from the 2002 series of The Twilight Zone.

So I looked it up; in fact, it was this episode of The Outer Limits.

That was it, thanks. I couldn't remember.

Click here to view the secret text

04-25-2007 at 10:34 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1306
There was something similar in 'The Prestige'.
04-26-2007 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jothki
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
Clown potions...the Twilight Zone...

Heh, reminds me of that episode of Johnny Bravo with the Zone Where Normal Things Don't Happen Very Often.

Anyway, if you put green doors on all of the exits you can't initially enter from, will that clone-proof a room?
05-08-2007 at 01:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Jothki wrote:
Clown potions...the Twilight Zone...

Heh, reminds me of that episode of Johnny Bravo with the Zone Where Normal Things Don't Happen Very Often.

Anyway, if you put green doors on all of the exits you can't initially enter from, will that clone-proof a room?

That seems like the obvious fix. It's possible that there are other issues clone potions can cause, but it looks like all the TCB rooms with clone potions have green doors blocking all forbidden entrances.

Josh

05-08-2007 at 03:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Warning: Clone potions (not a hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com