Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Miiiiiiichthrooooo!!! (Come back!)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon Re: Miiiiiiichthrooooo!!! (0)  
Man, people are getting all uptight about rank points again.
04-24-2007 at 08:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Miiiiiiichthrooooo!!! (+1)  
You know, Schik is right. I went overboard a bit yesterday in hunting for the downmodder, and I apologize for that.

That said, I still don't like what he's doing. Targetting one specific person, and downmodding random posts by that person and posts by other people whose only fault lies in agreeing with him, seems like harassment to me as well - mild harassment, but harassment nonetheless. And I'm just as entitled to use my mod points to undo any downmods by that modder as he is to downmod.

So, from now on, until such a time at which the downmodder identifies himself and explains his actions, I will continue undoing any mod he makes. Which basically means Coppro gets a lot of free mod points, since he gains one each time I mod him up.

I promise that if the downmodder does identify himself and explain his actions, there will be no further repercussions on my behalf, and I'll do my best to prevent harassment by anyone else. But for now, it's just a game of mod-down-mod-up until one of us runs out of mod points.

Oh, and I'm not getting uptight about rank points. I'm getting uptight about the targetting of a member of this community. The fact that it's rank points is incidental - if it was some other means of pestering him (say, posting insults or something) I'd be just as annoyed.

[Last edited by eytanz at 04-24-2007 02:26 PM]
04-24-2007 at 02:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
Tahnan wrote:
Just a little patience, that's all. (Of course, I thought that about ... Godot, too.)
How long have you been waiting, now? :)

04-24-2007 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
eytanz wrote:
Which basically means Coppro gets a lot of free mod points, since he gains one each time I mod him up.
FYI, he doesn't get free mod points - the down mods take 1 away, just like the ups give 1.

04-24-2007 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Really? I thought that they didn't. Was this changed?

04-24-2007 at 08:14 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
eytanz wrote:
Really? I thought that they didn't. Was this changed?
Nope, that's how it's always been, I believe.

04-24-2007 at 08:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Oh well, you live and learn.

04-24-2007 at 08:23 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Schik wrote:
eytanz wrote:
Which basically means Coppro gets a lot of free mod points, since he gains one each time I mod him up.
FYI, he doesn't get free mod points - the down mods take 1 away, just like the ups give 1.
Unless he happens to have 0 mod points, in which case he loses none and gains everytime eytanz mods him back up.
04-25-2007 at 12:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
NiroZ wrote:
Schik wrote:
eytanz wrote:
Unless he happens to have 0 mod points, in which case he loses none and gains everytime eytanz mods him back up.

But that cycle would just look like 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1. So its still just a 1 point gain, at best.

04-25-2007 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Beef Row wrote:
But that cycle would just look like 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1.
Bender replies:
Hey, stop swearing at me in binary!
04-25-2007 at 01:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
Nah, he only knows enough binary to ask where the bathroom is.

04-25-2007 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Yea... And certanly not enough to speak with God.
04-25-2007 at 10:04 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Miiiiiiichthrooooo!!! (Come back!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com