Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Oh god, more scripting questions (Flee while you still can.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Oh god, more scripting questions (0)  
First off, how to you get the questions working properly? I can set the questions, but when I try to insert an answer, nothing happens.

Second, is it intentional that you cannot set a character to be critical (or end when killed, whichever it is), and then script him to die, this ending the room? Because that would have been kinda nifty. Yes, I know you can set a transparent character, then have him as end when killed, and have him stabbed, but it's a rather unelegant way of doing it.

Third, what does imperative deadly do?

Forth, do the If... and Else command behave any differently in 3.0 than they do in 2.0?

Fifth, how to you set a cutscene so that a sword will be the same as it was before the cutscene started?

Sixth, will you ever forgive me for asking this list of n00by questions?
04-20-2007 at 03:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Oh god, more scripting questions (+2)  
NiroZ wrote:
First off, how to you get the questions working properly? I can set the questions, but when I try to insert an answer, nothing happens.
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=14789&page=0#174006
Third, what does imperative deadly do?
The help files wrote:
Deadly: Allows the NPC to step on the player and kill him. Also makes sword hits deadly to the player (default).
Forth, do the If... and Else command behave any differently in 3.0 than they do in 2.0?
I don't know for sure, but I'd assume they work the same. You can always check what the 3.0 equivalent to the 2.0 scripts are by importing a 2.0 hold to 3.0.
Fifth, how to you set a cutscene so that a sword will be the same as it was before the cutscene started?
Either make the cut scene start when the player faces the right direction, or make the character face the direction the player faces before the cut scene begins.

04-20-2007 at 03:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Oh god, more scripting questions (0)  
Stefan wrote:
or make the character face the direction the player faces before the cut scene begins.

Is there an easy way to do this that isn't really long?
04-20-2007 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Oh god, more scripting questions (Flee while you still can.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com