Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Some sort of stationary aerial monster (No, seriously.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
IP: Logged
icon Some sort of stationary aerial monster (0)  
I don't really care what it does. It doesn't even need to have any powers. Make it a wraithwing nest for aesthetics for all I care.

But we need something wherein we can move platforms and manipulate Stalwarts better.
04-18-2007 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Some sort of stationary aerial monster (+1)  
Uhh... it's called a Fegundo.

04-18-2007 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
icon Re: Some sort of stationary aerial monster (0)  
Yes, except that stalwarts do not seek to slay fegundos, and to slay them /hard/.
04-18-2007 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Get a goblin and a stalwart on a platform and manipulate them both into not killing each other while you move them across the pit. You know, maybe some sorts of puzzles just aren't meant to be. Like moving a stalwart over a pit on a platform while he chases wraithwing nests - that doesn't sound like a load of fun to me.

04-18-2007 at 10:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
actually that was sort of the exact puzzle I was trying to produce: connive a stalwart into crossing a pit via platform.

But I suppose. :(
04-18-2007 at 10:57 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Some sort of stationary aerial monster (+3)  
Maurog wrote:
Get a goblin and a stalwart on a platform and manipulate them both into not killing each other while you move them across the pit. You know, maybe some sorts of puzzles just aren't meant to be. Like moving a stalwart over a pit on a platform while he chases wraithwing nests - that doesn't sound like a load of fun to me.
OK, you have a Stalwart, a roach, and a cabbage that you need to get across a pit, on a platform that will only carry you and one of them at a time. If you leave behind...
04-19-2007 at 12:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
It's too bad that in this case, both the roach and the Stalwart will eat each other (or try to) if left alone (without the cabbage...for some reason it has to be gone), and neither the roach nor the Stalwart is a threat to the cabbage, because they're carnivores, and dislike salads of all sorts.

Actually, that makes the puzzle easier.

04-20-2007 at 03:33 AM
starwed
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 49
OK, you have a Stalwart, a roach, and a cabbage that you need to get across a pit, on a platform that will only carry you and one of them at a time. If you leave behind...
This was actually the first thing I tried scripting in TCB. ^_^
04-20-2007 at 10:31 PM
Banjooie
It's actually been done without scripting at /all/.
04-20-2007 at 11:08 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Some sort of stationary aerial monster (No, seriously.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com