Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Another TCB clock
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged

File: Tahnan-Clock.zip (2.4 MB)
Downloaded 344 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Another TCB clock (+5)  
I'd been using, er, someone's clock in 2.0, the one with numbers on a scroll and a bar on the left and a white box in the lower right that was marked H1-5 and V1-5 for snakes. [EDIT five years later: it turns out that clock was this one by larrymurk. Credit where credit's due.]

So here's a 3.0 clock inspired by that, but with some significant changes:

* No bar down the side (I didn't feel like it added much)--feel free to add your own.
* Transparent background, rather than faux-stone.
* Font is Tom's New Roman, the font used on the scrolls in the game, so that it meshes better.
* Separate serpent counter below the clock, rather than in a white box (using the same ...H4, H5, V1... system).
* Numbers are centered at the point between the digits, so that both digits change in "20 --> 19" rather than the number changing and shifting to recenter. [Note: still deciding how I feel about this. Feedback welcome. I believe, though, it represents an improvement in appearance when holding down the "wait" key or pressing "control-wait".]
* And of course, the addition of a half-turn indicator for speed potions.

The files are named "Tahnan-Clock" so that you can drop them into your bitmaps directory without clashing with the current clock. The relevant line in my drod.ini file now reads "Clock=Tahnan-Clock;Silver-Clock;Clock", having just learned that you can click the clock to change from one to another. (Which is cool; I may switch back to the regular clock for rooms without serpents or speed potions.)

[Last edited by Tahnan at 07-21-2012 10:45 PM]
04-12-2007 at 07:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Another TCB clock
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com