Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Possible Bug: Sound Corruption in Build 46
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Possible Bug: Sound Corruption in Build 46 (0)  
I had never downloaded the DROD beta to my home computer before now...not a very smart move for a beta tester. But in any case I did so last night, and proceeded to play through Noah's dungeon. While playing there were several sounds that seemed to get slightly corrupted in the middle of them, like roach deaths. I didn't do any further testing because I wanted to see what happened with my laptop...and it sounds perfectly normal on my laptop.

So, my home computer is Windows XP Professional, with an Athlon-based motherboard, with on-board sound. I have the hardware acceleration for the sound set to "None" because I have problems with my other games otherwise. So when I get a chance tonight I will do some testing on that front to see if that is what is causing the sound problems.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions for me to try? I will probably also check this in fullscreen, and check to see what the music sounds like.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-06-2003 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: Possible Bug: Sound Corruption in Build 46 (0)  
Oh yeah, forgot to update. The only thing that seemed to help was going to fullscreen, so I guess since there's a workaround I won't worry about it. Although it might not have been a perfect fix, so I think my sound card has issues too.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-08-2003 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Possible Bug: Sound Corruption in Build 46
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com