Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : game crapped out at lev. 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
chickenhead
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon game crapped out at lev. 8 (0)  
well, ive got a problem. i was playing level 8, and accidentally had two windows of the same level opened. well, i didnt think it would hurt any, so i played one and kept the other opened. after a little while, one closed on its own once i died, so i started playing the other one. well, that one closed too on its own after i died, and now it wont let me open my game. is it because of a corrupted dat. file? i restarted from level 1 now, after reinstalling, and it works there, but how would i get my old game back (yes, i saved the old folder).

09-30-2003 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: game crapped out at lev. 8 (0)  
I know that the new version of DROD doesn't let you open more than one instance of DROD at once, so this bug probably won't happen when 1.6 is released. However, if you just want to play the game, I would suggest staying with the version you have (1.5). Just don't open more than one instance of the DROD in the future!

Someone else may be able to help you recover, I wouldn't know how to to it in the original Caravel 1.5.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-30-2003 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : game crapped out at lev. 8
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com