Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : DROD Corruption
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged

File: Eytan_Corrupt_Data.zip (277.4 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Other
icon DROD Corruption (0)  
Hi all,

I somehow got DROD corrupted, in what at least to me is a novel way -

When I start up the program, it asks me for a player name, as if it's a new installation (it isn't). Then, no matter what I type, it terminates. If I try to import a new player, it gives me the "importing player" message, then terminates.

I was playing Happy House 2 yesterday, but I don't remember anything unusual happening, and I don't remember how I left the game.

Also, one thing I noticed that I never noticed before is that there are quite a few of "VDM*.tmp" files in my drod/data directiory. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Their names are: VDM10.tmp, VDM11.tmp, VDM12.tmp, VDM13.tmp, VDME.tmp, VDMF.tmp.

Build 45, Windows XP.

Attached are the data files and the drod.err file.

09-30-2003 at 01:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: DROD Corruption (0)  
Something nasty happened to me with build 42 recently - I hadn't updated because I was feeling lazy.

Anyway, I loaded up after having downloaded a hold - I think it was the nonlinear arena - and on choosing Where, the list was empty. Importing crashed DROD to desktop, and Continue brought up an error saying that DROD could not find the game file.

I didn't report this as it was only b42 and I expected it to have been fixed in 45, which I am now using. Just thought it might help though.

"Oook!"
09-30-2003 at 04:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
eytanz wrote:
Hi all,

The VDMs are bizarre--I have no idea what they are for. I will look at the .dats.

-Erik

10-05-2003 at 08:22 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
eytanz wrote:
Hi all,

When I start up the program, it asks me for a player name, as if it's a new installation (it isn't). Then, no matter what I type, it terminates. If I try to import a new player, it gives me the "importing player" message, then terminates.

I was playing Happy House 2 yesterday, but I don't remember anything unusual happening, and I don't remember how I left the game.

Also, one thing I noticed that I never noticed before is that there are quite a few of "VDM*.tmp" files in my drod/data directiory. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Their names are: VDM10.tmp, VDM11.tmp, VDM12.tmp, VDM13.tmp, VDME.tmp, VDMF.tmp.

Build 45, Windows XP.

Attached are the data files and the drod.err file.
I got exactly that, on build 42 and same O/S, except without the .tmp files or the .err file - I think my player file broke for some reason.

You can find the .dat files in the "Request Corrupted Dats" thread.

10-05-2003 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: DROD Corruption (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
I got exactly that, on build 42 and same O/S, except without the .tmp files or the .err file - I think my player file broke for some reason.
Yes, both of you have corrupted player dat files. It looks like a problem separate from the missing text bug, but just as important.

-Erik

10-05-2003 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : DROD Corruption
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com