Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : "Undo" weirdness
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
IP: Logged
icon "Undo" weirdness (0)  
1. Place Beethro in a position different from the default.
2. Place a scroll and type in some text.
3. Delete the scroll.
4. Click Undo.

Effect: The scroll is restored, but Beethro is also moved back to his original position, even if that position is over a wall; it will then be marked as an error in that case. If you then reposition Beethro with the Beethro tool, the red marker stays on the wall even though there is nothing wrong with it. Place another wall over the wall to get rid of it.

09-16-2003 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: "Undo" weirdness (0)  
Yes, this is a known bug. It's actually incredibly involved to get undo to work with Beethro's level start position as the code now stands. But we'll get it to work properly in the next version. In fact, I'll put it in the list of things to do for the next version right now.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-17-2003 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Just an update on this one: it's been fixed for version 1.7 (to come out in the future -- this won't be fixed in 1.6). Additionally, undo/redo will also work for level start positions in 1.7.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-09-2003 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
Just a silly question, the editor will be available on the freeware version of 1.7, right? For those of us with no money?

12-09-2003 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
From the discussion on the General board, the editor is part of the DROD Sourceforge open-source "package", and has to be included. The only things you will have to pay for are the "official" holds that Erik and Caravel make. And isn't $10 a small price to pay for people not to say, "I would have liked your hold except that all those ideas were already done in the official hold"? :D

Just kidding, of course, I don't begrudge anyone their income or lack thereof. I'm just really hoping that there will be some incredibly unique "boss" monster like the 'Neather in the official hold, to make it even more special. Since it can't show up in the editor, it shouldn't affect the open-sourceness of DROD 1.7.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-09-2003 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
This has been answered before - the free version will have full functionality; the only thing you won't have is the new official levels.

In any case, it's certainly true that nothing will be removed.

12-09-2003 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Just so you know, this happens with a all the other items too.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-10-2003 at 06:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Thanks, I was just making sure. Couldn't find the other thread at a glance and didn't feel like digging through twenty other threads to find it.

12-10-2003 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : "Undo" weirdness
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com