Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Significant delay in H&S availability (Rooms don't show for quite some time)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Significant delay in H&S availability (0)  
Perhaps a change that I should have known about, but I couldn't find any mention of it . . . in olden times, the Hints & Solutions board would "recognize" that I'd entered a room almost immediately. The most I'd have to do would be to exit DROD and force an upload.

These days, though, quite often rooms don't "appear" until after I've completed the room. (By "appear" I mean with a room layout graphic instead of the "Room Image not Available" screen.) This is troublesome in my case, since I have a proven track record of ignorance and have to frequent the H&S board to get anywhere.

(Recent examples of this behavior - The Underground Civilisation, Goblin Chase Entrance; Beethro's Teacher L6 3S1W.)

If this is purposeful for some reason, I can resign myself to searching and posting the old-fashioned way.
03-16-2007 at 11:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Significant delay in H&S availability (0)  
key-smiter wrote:
Perhaps a change that I should have known about, but I couldn't find any mention of it . . . in olden times, the Hints & Solutions board would "recognize" that I'd entered a room almost immediately. The most I'd have to do would be to exit DROD and force an upload.

These days, though, quite often rooms don't "appear" until after I've completed the room. (By "appear" I mean with a room layout graphic instead of the "Room Image not Available" screen.) This is troublesome in my case, since I have a proven track record of ignorance and have to frequent the H&S board to get anywhere.

(Recent examples of this behavior - The Underground Civilisation, Goblin Chase Entrance; Beethro's Teacher L6 3S1W.)

If this is purposeful for some reason, I can resign myself to searching and posting the old-fashioned way.
Yeah, I've noticed that too lately. However, there is a simple trick to to force it to 'appear' and that is to use the Briareos Solution (TM) and hit F6 in the room that you want to appear.
03-17-2007 at 12:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Significant delay in H&S availability (0)  
NiroZ wrote:
Yeah, I've noticed that too lately. However, there is a simple trick to to force it to 'appear' and that is to use the Briareos Solution (TM) and hit F6 in the room that you want to appear.
Actually - I'm quite sure that has not always worked for me either lately...

03-17-2007 at 01:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Significant delay in H&S availability (Rooms don't show for quite some time)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com