Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The Beatles
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
How do you rate the Beatles?
Great
Good
Average
Bad
Terrible
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
IP: Logged
icon The Beatles (0)  
I think that the Beatles were a cool band, but it would be nice to see the opinions of others, which is why I held this poll.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

09-10-2003 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: The Beatles (0)  
NoahT wrote:
I think that the Beatles were a cool band, but it would be nice to see the opinions of others, which is why I held this poll.
Heh. There is no band in history that has a more universal appeal. Everybody likes the Beatles!

(Well, we will see.)

-Erik

09-10-2003 at 12:49 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
My first roommate in college hated the Beatles with a passion, and held "Here Comes the Sun" as the pinnacle of everything he hated about them. However, he loved Electric Light Orchestra, and wouldn't believe me when I told them that the Beatles were their biggest influence. At the very least, he would mutter something about ELO being a vast improvement over the Beatles, but they were in many ways a tribute.

Man, I forgot to spout off about my experiences. My dad gave me all his old Beatles albums when I was 4, because he re-bought all of them over again. I played those things to death, and never got tired of them...I still remember the lyrics to almost every song. I know that they totally influenced my taste in music, to this very day, and it's a good thing that my fiancee loves them too otherwise I don't think we would work out. :D

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 09-10-2003 at 01:39 AM]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-10-2003 at 01:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
nasimov
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
The Beatles is like Freedom. I love Freedom.

09-11-2003 at 02:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The Beatles Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com