Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 1 North, 2 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 1 North, 2 West (0)  
{sigh} What's the orb order? Everything I've tried has gotten me nowhere -

Thanks -
02-14-2007 at 12:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
icon Re: Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 1 North, 2 West (0)  
Well, I've tried doing this programmatically, I've tried just whalin' away at orbs for hundreds of moves, and neither one gets me to the exit. Can anyone provide even the tiniest of hints?

Thanks -
02-24-2007 at 04:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
starwed
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 49
If this is the level that has the very long sequence of gates under tar, with hints to the order scattered throughout the level, then:
Click here to view the secret text

If this is some other part of the hold (or even worse, part of some other hold)... sorry!

[Last edited by starwed at 02-25-2007 12:41 AM]
02-25-2007 at 12:40 AM
key-smiter
No, this is this room.

And I'm still not able to get through.

Like I noted before, neither rigor nor random orb hammering has opened gates in the right sequence. Am I fated to be stuck forever? (Or, like the proverbial monkeys with typewriters, will my random orb activations yield Shakespearean success?)
03-07-2007 at 12:53 AM
jemann
Rank Points: 160
I don't think there's any set of orbs you can hit that will open a complete path for you. That is, you need to open a path that will get you to one orb (within the grid), then a different path to get you to the next orb, and so on, until you can eventually get to the NW corner. If I had a demo I'd share it, but sadly I don't. You'll just have to keep plugging away.
03-07-2007 at 01:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
Wait - I'm pretty sure I recently posted a secret-ed step by step solution for this room because someone else was stuck here, but I totally can't find it anymore.

Did someone delete that post? And if so, could I at least have gotten a notification via PM? :huh

EDIT: Apologies if I somehow managed to type a lenghty post on this room and then happened to not actually post it, but I don't think I was that clumsy...

[Last edited by Briareos at 03-07-2007 08:23 AM]
03-07-2007 at 08:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
{sigh} It's been more than a month and I finally got somewhere . . . the latest run got me back to the beginning after 396 moves. Is that elegant or what? Who needs to hit "R"?

Less sardonically, I am still stuck. I understand that demos can't be automatically recorded for monsterless rooms, but does anybody's memory contain how to get through this room?

Thanks -
03-18-2007 at 11:30 AM
christine83
Rank Points: 158
icon Re: Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 1 North, 2 West (+3)  
In visual:

Orb puzzles are only fun the first 5 minutes..

#1 Fan!

03-18-2007 at 12:29 PM
key-smiter
Thanks. And this time I recorded a demo, in the unlikely event somebody as ignorant as I comes through.

And - hahahahaha!! The next room to the north is the same kind of room. Makes me want to go into the Navy just to learn the right English.
03-18-2007 at 03:21 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Phil's Dungeon : Eighth Level : 1 North, 2 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com