Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Linux DROD 1.6 Build 45 (full) Release Candidate
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
IP: Logged
icon Linux DROD 1.6 Build 45 (full) Release Candidate (0)  
(See notes for build 45 below)

Go here to get the file: http://delirare.com/files/drod/ (with and without data available). Then run the same smoke test as for the windows build (almost; step 1 and 2 is different):

1. Uncompress the tarball somewhere.
2. Launch DROD.
3. Play through a few rooms.
4. Switch between fullscreen and windowed modes.
5. Create a new hold and edit some rooms.
6. Export the hold.
7. Import the hold.

Let me know if it works (or doesn't work) for you.

- Gerry

[Edited by trick on 08-27-2003 at 01:26 AM]

[Edited by trick on 08-27-2003 at 01:28 AM]

[Edited by trick on 09-15-2003 at 11:16 PM GMT: build 43]

[Edited by trick on 09-17-2003 at 07:07 PM GMT: build 45]
08-27-2003 at 12:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
icon Re: Linux DROD 1.6 Build 43 (full) Release Candidate (0)  
Some notes for build 43 (see above):

This build requires at least a 586 (= pentium) processor. This is because this frankly won't be playable at anything less anyway, so we might as well optimize fully for what will run it. The libraries included in the tarballs are also built for 586.

The included SDL is built without sound support. DROD is using FMOD for sound, so we don't need SDL to provide that. You'll still get sound in DROD, of course, but keep this in mind if you want to use the included SDL for anything else.

Also, the included SDL is version 1.2.6, although the build is built against 1.2.5. No problems with that, just FYI.

- Gerry

09-15-2003 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
I'm probably doing something ignorant here...

From a shell, I change to the directory with the "drod" file in it. I type "drod". It says:

bash: drod: command not found

I also tried launching it through the Konqueror file explore with similar results.

-Erik

09-17-2003 at 07:47 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Try "./drod". Unless you've explicitly added "." to your path, it won't look in the current directory. You also might want to make sure that drod and drod.bin have their executable bit set - "chmod +x drod drod.bin"

09-17-2003 at 12:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
trick
Yeah, what Schik said. Launching it from Konqueror should work, though, so there's probably something else going on. A missing library, maybe ? Try running this from the drod dir:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ldd drod.bin

Let me know if there's any "not found" in the output. If libstdc++.so.5 is missing, you can get it here: http://delirare.com/files/drod/adam.html (the forum doesn't like links with '+' in them). Get the top file and save it in the lib subdir, enter it, and do:
gunzip libstdc++.so.5.0.2.gz
ln -s libstdc++.so.5.0.2 libstdc++.so.5

This should have been included in the b43 tarball, but i forgot.

There are some other requried libraries not included in the tarball, since i figured they were so common that it didn't have to: libz.so.1, libc.so.6, and libm.so.6. Maybe libz should be included anyway, but the others are so essential to the system that anyone should have them.

- Gerry

[Edited by trick on 09-17-2003 at 01:35 PM GMT: ldd drod.bin, not drod]
09-17-2003 at 01:33 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Linux DROD 1.6 Build 43 (full) Release Candidate (0)  
Hmm. Okay, I was able to get further by using "./drod". The new error message is:
./drod.bin: relocation error: ./drod.bin: undefined symbol TTF_OpenFontRW

(FYI--in win32 DROD this function is found in sdl_ttf.dll.)

-Erik

09-17-2003 at 06:31 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
icon Re: Re: Re: Linux DROD 1.6 Build 43 (full) Release Candidate (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
./drod.bin: relocation error: ./drod.bin: undefined symbol TTF_OpenFontRW
This should be fixed in build 45, which is now available! It was caused by drod wanting to use the libraries in /usr/lib, if any, before using its own versions in ./lib, regardless of the setting of LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So, the error was caused by your version of SDL_ttf being too old. No need to upgrade your SDL_ttf though, it should work now :P

Another change for this build is that zlib is now linked statically, and libstdc++.so.5 is back in the tarball.

- Gerry

[Edited by trick on 09-17-2003 at 07:08 PM]
09-17-2003 at 07:06 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Linux DROD 1.6 Build 45 (full) Release Candidate
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com