Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : MetDROiD Echoes : Wretched Bog : 1 North, 1 East (AKA I'm really stuck and can't find the next place to go...)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
IP: Logged
icon MetDROiD Echoes : Wretched Bog : 1 North, 1 East (+1)  
So far, I have the flippers and two of the three temple keys, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where I need to go next to get the third one. I know I found the second at 3S1E, but I'm not sure where I found the first other than that it was in the area between north and due east of the entrance (not the way you originally come in, of course..). The only thing I can think is that I have to go beyond 2S2E but there's a statue in my way. I only have a few areas I haven't been able to complete and as far as I can tell from the (rather spoilish yet helpful) maps from the forum I've gone just about everywhere I can go.

This is desperation at its worst; I've been wandering around for what feels like ages trying to figure out where I need to go and some of those orb/trapdoor puzzles weren't meant to be worked through more than ten times or so. :(
01-01-2007 at 05:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes : Wretched Bog : 1 North, 1 East (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

01-01-2007 at 05:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BDR
icon Re: MetDROiD Echoes : Wretched Bog : 1 North, 1 East (0)  
Oops. I got it wrong, then.. that one I found already. Er, is there another place I have to look?
01-01-2007 at 05:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
Oh, right. I got a little confused when you said 3S1E.. the three locations are:

01-01-2007 at 05:52 AM
BDR
There's a statue in my way in the last of those three rooms. I'd use the mimic to get the trapdoors except I need him to smack the orb for me so I can get to the red gate (since my portable one won't do).

EDIT: Ah! I finally saw the second path to the second orb. Now maybe I can use the mimic to get the red gate down....

EDIT x2: Ok, I got a secret room but nothing else. That statue and orthogonal passsageway are taunting me.

[Last edited by BDR at 01-01-2007 06:40 AM]
01-01-2007 at 06:05 AM
geomatrx
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Hmmm... I think you have got the third key quickly (1N2E) by missing the decoy potion.

No worries though... you get the key 3N1E by coming from

Don't worry about the ortho squares yet.

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)

[Last edited by geomatrx at 01-01-2007 01:40 PM]
01-01-2007 at 01:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Well, you're right on the decoy potion in 1N2E, but I never made it past the wubba... and I have no idea how to get where you suggest I go.

EDIT: Also, the decoy potion I could potentially access is blocked off by a statue.

[Last edited by BDR at 01-01-2007 06:05 PM]
01-01-2007 at 06:00 PM
BDR
AARGH!

Good news: I figured out what was missing.

Bad news: It was sitting right in front of me all this time (alternative access to 4S2E).
01-01-2007 at 07:24 PM
Rinaldo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
Continuing from 4 years ago:

I have the 3 keys all right.

Now what do I do? Is there a location I must visit, now that I have them? (Very likely some text told me, and i was too inattentive to write it down.) I keep wandering through Temple Gardens, Maguig's Desert, Slugman Forest, Evil Chill Wasteland, Wretched Bog, and what I can reach of Dungeon Cells to find something new ready to open up. In most of them there seems to be one room that remains inaccessible or unsolvable, and occasional statues that are still the wrong color, but otherwise I have the areas cleared. The most recent new thing I found (and it may have been there for a while) was the bit at the northeast of Maguig, 1S3E. And now I'm wandering and wandering....
01-14-2011 at 12:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
The 3 keys remove the wubbas guarding whatever is south of that room. So find a way to that room that lets you go south.
01-14-2011 at 01:19 AM
Rinaldo
Rank Points: 50
Thanks! That makes the goal at least a bit clearer.

But I bet "find a way" isn't as straightforward as it sounds. :? May I request an indication of how one gets within reach of 2E in the Wretched Bog? I've sure been searching a long time.

EDITED TO ADD: Aha, never mind. Never discount my idiocy at failing to find routes through shrubbery. *multiple blushes* :blush :blush

[Last edited by Rinaldo at 01-14-2011 04:59 AM : confession of stupidity]
01-14-2011 at 01:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Emojk
Rank Points: 94
2 years later...
I'm missing the third key (I think). I have the flippers, the decoy potion, and I *think* I have unlocked everything related to them.
I figure the third key must be past 2S1E, which I would enter from 2S3E... Except I have no idea how to get to 2S3E (well, I do but I'm pretty sure a statue's in the way).
Anything I missed? I would hate to trek back to Slugman Forest just to find out the path is *still* blocked...
02-16-2014 at 04:54 PM
Emojk
Rank Points: 94
Nevermind, I found it; turned out it was the 1st key I was missing.
02-16-2014 at 05:12 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : MetDROiD Echoes : Wretched Bog : 1 North, 1 East (AKA I'm really stuck and can't find the next place to go...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com