Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
IP: Logged
icon My bags are packed and I'm ready to go... (0)  
Well, tomorrow morning I leave for my very first year of college. I just finished packing up the last of my things and putting it all in the car. I hope I'm not forgetting anything...Oh well. I guess the next time I post here will be from my dorm room. Wish me luck everyone...hopefully I won't need it, but just in case.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
08-21-2003 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: My bags are packed and I'm ready to go... (0)  
Good luck!

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-22-2003 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
squeekie
Rank Points: 140
I wish you the best.

08-22-2003 at 02:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
Don't forget to write if you get work! :P

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

08-22-2003 at 06:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Re: My bags are packed and I'm ready to go... (0)  
NoahT wrote:
Don't forget to write if you get work!

:huh

What does that mean? He's going to college, not to the big city in search of a job to send money to the folks back on the farm...

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 08-22-2003 at 07:31 AM GMT: typo]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-22-2003 at 07:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
Sorry for the confusion, but what I said is a silly little saying that my dad likes to say to be silly. It was just a joke. :P

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

08-22-2003 at 10:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
Ah...I'm now at school. Webb is truly amazing. It's all I dreamed it would be and more. Right now, I'm sitting on a bench on a patio in back of the main building (where my dorm room and my classroom is). It's 2:30am here. It's a beautiful night, I'm looking out over the water (Webb is right on the Long Island Sound and we even have a private beach), the stars are amazing, I'm listening to great music, and sitting next to me is a guy named Ryan who I'm already good friends with. Life is good. My roommate is also a really cool guy. He and I get along really well and he's already my best friend here. Well, that's about it. I don't know if I'll be able to spend as much time as I'd like on DROD and the forums, but I'll try to come here as much as I can.

Incidently, I'm now using a laptop, and laptops don't have a keypad. I haven't gotten a chance to install DROD yet, but I'm already trying to figure out how I'll manage without a keypad. All I can say is that it'll be difficult. Too bad laptops don't come with keypads.

Edit: In case anyone's interested, my new avatar is Webb Institute's logo.

[Edited by Malarame on 08-24-2003 at 07:40 AM]

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
08-24-2003 at 07:30 AM
Oneiromancer
I use a laptop too, so I feel your pain. At first I used the "built-in" numeric keypad, which meant I had to press a button to change the keys 7-0, U-P, J-;, and M-/ to map the numeric keypad arrows to that (you can see the little grey symbols on those keys so you know which is which...another button lets me use the numbering functionality). But then after I got used to it I realized it was a lot easier just to change the settings in DROD to use those keys as the movement keys instead of having to switch over all the time and then forgetting to change back and wondering why typing the letter J moved me to the end of the document. Other programs/games aren't as forgiving and don't have a key remap option, but usually you can work around it.

In my opinion, living in a dorm is the most important thing you can do your first year at college. You meet so many people that way. I knew people who moved into an apartment with upperclassmen their first year, and they met almost nobody because their roommates already had friends of their own and weren't as interested as meeting new people as a freshman who is all along in the big crazy college. You'll probably be in contact with the friends you make in the dorms the rest of your life. So choose wisely! :D

Sigh...undergrad is so much more fun than grad... :~)

Game on,

08-24-2003 at 09:40 PM
Zmann
Rank Points: 241
Bye... I mean, have fun... I mean... coooool. I wish I was old enough to go to college. High school sucks. :D
08-25-2003 at 12:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
You think your high school sucks; my high school looks like it's ready to cave in on me at any moment. The ceiling tiles are falling out. The floors are held together with duct tape. Yes, it's that bad.

08-25-2003 at 06:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com