Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Score upload
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon Score upload (0)  
Well... I've just been without broadband for a week but have played quite a lot in the last couple of days (including getting a few #1s). I finally came back online and did a full demo upload... however nothing has been uploaded. At all.

This may be caused by the fact that I was *technically* connected during this last week (to the ISP's landing page only), but no connection could be made with the DROD server (ie no tick, but no cross either). This seems to have made my demos flagged as uploaded, yet they never actually were.

This is probably a border-line case, but it would be great to have a *utterly full demo upload* style feature for these cases (even if these are only triggered server side via a key or other such "no-one can abuse this and flood the spider" type scenario).

Ideas?
11-29-2006 at 11:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Score upload (0)  
What's wrong with the current "modify the ini to enable full demo upload" method?

11-29-2006 at 11:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
I did that... nothing uploaded.

[EDIT]

Ok, probably a false alarm due to impatience. Seems I've got 6K+ demos queued and 35K+ total so they're probably in there.

I'll check again tonight

Sorry spider for doubting you :)

[Last edited by Syntax at 11-30-2006 10:44 AM]
11-30-2006 at 10:37 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Syntax wrote:
This may be caused by the fact that I was *technically* connected during this last week (to the ISP's landing page only), but no connection could be made with the DROD server (ie no tick, but no cross either). This seems to have made my demos flagged as uploaded, yet they never actually were.
Okay, this is bizarre. You're playing with version 2.0.14 or newer, right? I've stated on multiple occasions that the game never marks demos as uploaded until it receives confirmation from the server that the server actually received them.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-30-2006 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315

File: screenshots.zip (495.3 KB)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Public Domain
I've actually been having a very similar problem. I was running 2.0.13, then upgraded to 2.0.14 when I realised I was missing a lot of scores, then the latest revision of 2.0.15, to no avail. I wasn't aware of the entry in the ini file, but it doesn't seem to work - I assume I should be setting FullScoreUpload to 1, then hitting Upload My Scores under Change Settings as normal. It resets the value and the upload takes longer, but it doesn't actually upload the scores! I have a decent computer (AMD 2400+, 768MB memory, nVidia 6600GT graphics), so I shouldn't have any problems on that note. (If it helps, I'm running the Windows version.)

In particular (that I've noticed), neither GO4IT nor Veere's Dungeon appear at all on CaravelNet on my stats page, even though I've mastered them both, Dinfro Budkin's Wine Cellar appears in the unconquered section even though I've conquered it, and I have at least one room in Dinfro Budkin's Wine Cellar that definitely hasn't uploaded properly (screenshot attached). I definitely had a valid (green tick) connection to CaravelNet at the time I beat that room.

A possibly related issue - my CaravelNet key seems to be going invalid for no apparent reason on a semi-regular basis (about bimonthly).

Is there any way to get my scores up there? :(

11-30-2006 at 06:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I guess I should pop in and say that the same sort of thing is happening to me. I get about a fifteenth of a bar signifying score uploads, then it leaps to 100%, and calls itself done. It uploads about 600 scores, and I KNOW I have more scores on my computer.

Using version 2.0.14.

11-30-2006 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
zex20913 wrote:
I guess I should pop in and say that the same sort of thing is happening to me. I get about a fifteenth of a bar signifying score uploads, then it leaps to 100%, and calls itself done. It uploads about 600 scores, and I KNOW I have more scores on my computer.

Using version 2.0.14.
You probably know this so apologies, but I'm assuming you've changed your .ini file but the 15th bar thing is what happens to me if the ini file isn't set to 1.

What I've found this time round is that it took a long time to process the high-scores I submitted last night (literally just finished and it's night once more). I am confident the uploads do work (apart from a minor demo bug which I will report in the relevant section).

All in all, I must admit being sceptical about full demo uploading for historical reasons but it seems every time I'm just being impatient.

To all... check your "My scores" tab to see how many demos are left to be verified. Chances are everything will be ok once that hits 0.

To fafnir... The spec is obviously fine so maybe this is linked to you dropping your connection regularly (hence the new key each time). I would seriously recommend upgrading to .15 as this was the patch which really sorted everything out for me personally (and I had the same sort of trouble). I know it's still in RC but I've had absolutely no trouble with it. D/l that and do a full upload via ini. I reckon that should sort everything out.

[EDIT]

My last advice also goes out to anyone who are experiencing similar problems but please back up your entire JtRH directory in case you hit a (very unlikely) evil bug.

[Last edited by Syntax at 11-30-2006 09:00 PM]
11-30-2006 at 08:59 PM
Fafnir
I should probably pop back again and say this is an intermittent fault - the scores I'm getting right now are uploading fine, but I still have that large heap of unuploaded scores.

EDIT - Sorry, this was a post collision!

[Last edited by Fafnir at 12-03-2006 10:54 PM]
11-30-2006 at 08:59 PM
Syntax
Yeah... I had the same problem for a while but as above, .15 sorted everything out and added 30 odd #1s to my list which is always nice. You wouldn't happen to be on Bulldog in the UK by any chance? ;)
11-30-2006 at 09:02 PM
Syntax
mrimer wrote:
Okay, this is bizarre. You're playing with version 2.0.14 or newer, right? I've stated on multiple occasions that the game never marks demos as uploaded until it receives confirmation from the server that the server actually received them.
You're right... it was impatience. However a demo got uploaded for [JtRH - 2N 1W] where I now have a 43 move demo. I'd love to know how this got there and if it wasn't meant for another hold for example. I haven't played this room for over a year but can't view the demo itself since it's one of mine. I've logged in as VodkaAndCoke and can't d/l from her player account since it's the only level she skipped via a secret way that's possible.

I'd love to know if this sequence of moves is possible in any other hold but I guess that's not a straightforward check without spoofing the hold/level/room to cover all possibilities. Bottom line is I must have made those moves at some point but just not in this room. The fact VaC powered straight to 23 ensures me it's not a local possibility. Other interesting thing this was from last night though that's also when I did my full demo upload. If someone could watch the demo and give me the sequence of moves I'd be very much appreciated.

It definitely smells like a WW type room solution.
11-30-2006 at 10:02 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
Thanks Syntax. I've now enlisted over 10,000 demos (I need to do some cleaning...) to the queue, which is a fun word to type. I hope I have some #1s in there!

11-30-2006 at 10:13 PM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
The trouble with everyone uploading is that I now have no idea how long it will take for my demos to reach the front of the queue.
:)

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 12-01-2006 01:16 AM]
12-01-2006 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
Syntax wrote:
However a demo got uploaded for [JtRH - 2N 1W] where I now have a 43 move demo. I'd love to know how this got there and if it wasn't meant for another hold for example. I haven't played this room for over a year but can't view the demo itself since it's one of mine.
Which level is that? Anyway, you should be able to download your own demos. If you can't, it should only be because it's already right there in the list.
12-01-2006 at 07:59 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Fafnir wrote:
I should probably pop back again and say this is an intermittent fault - the scores I'm getting right now are uploading fine, but I still have that large heap of unuploaded scores.
Ummm... just going out on a limb here, but you did edit the INI-file when DROD was not running, right?

"Full Score Upload" is always reset to 0 either after uploading or when quitting DROD...

12-01-2006 at 08:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
michthro wrote:
Syntax wrote:
However a demo got uploaded for [JtRH - 2N 1W] where I now have a 43 move demo. I'd love to know how this got there and if it wasn't meant for another hold for example. I haven't played this room for over a year but can't view the demo itself since it's one of mine.
Which level is that? Anyway, you should be able to download your own demos. If you can't, it should only be because it's already right there in the list.
Oh yeah... sorry.
JtRH - Level 12 - 2N 1W

I have 2 valid demos for this room, but none for 43 moves (impossible to achieve) and I can't download the 43 move demo (it's greyed out).
12-01-2006 at 11:17 AM
michthro
Syntax wrote:
JtRH - Level 12 - 2N 1W

I have 2 valid demos for this room, but none for 43 moves (impossible to achieve) and I can't download the 43 move demo (it's greyed out).
Umm.. there is no such room. What has been happening lately is that the spider has the move count for a demo wrong. See e.g. Mark's Penultimate Dungeon:The Anticlimax:3N. If you download the "75-move" #1 demo, it becomes a 204-move demo. Could be that the 43-move demo is in fact one of the two you have, but somehow it's recorded as a 43-move demo. Easy to check, if I knew what room you're really talking about..
12-01-2006 at 12:13 PM
Syntax
Hmmm... Level 22 sorry.
12-01-2006 at 12:28 PM
michthro
Yes. I downloaded it, and it's a valid 381-move victory demo. Probably one of your two local demos. Delete them and I'll bet it's no longer greyed out. (Export them first if you don't want to lose them.)
12-01-2006 at 01:46 PM
Syntax

I wonder why the spider thinks it's only 43 moves.
I'll improve the 381 tonight and then delete the invalid demo.
12-01-2006 at 02:56 PM
Fafnir
I did actually edit the ini file while DROD was not running (give me a little credit!), and I did try upgrading to 2.0.15 (as I said in my original post). I've just tried reuploading my scores (with full uploads on) one final time, to no avail.

My connection to CaravelNet being dropped occasionally might be part of the story, but I don't think it's the whole of it - there are a few rooms in Dinfro Budkin's Wine Cellar I know I had a valid connection when I beat, but haven't been uploaded.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

12-03-2006 at 10:54 PM
Syntax
I think you may in the same boat as me. Under "High scores" -> "My scores" are there any scores still to be checked? It can take a little while, and I for one am probably the most prolific panic merchant when it comes to scores not uploading. Since patch .15 it's just me being impatient...
12-03-2006 at 10:57 PM
Fafnir
No - apparently I have no unverified demos. Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier!

12-04-2006 at 12:40 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Score upload
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com