Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Can't unwatch a thread when editing a post (Can't turn off email notification)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Can't unwatch a thread when editing a post (0)  
I went to my first post on this page and edited it hoping to turn off email notification. I am still receiving email notification. I didn't change anything except to uncheck notification, in case that matters.

11-28-2006 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: Can't unwatch a thread when editing a post (0)  
Strange. I've successfully edited posts only to remove e-mail notification, and it seemed to work fine for me...

Perhaps you have another post in that thread which has e-mail notification turned on?

11-29-2006 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
...you need to do it on every post? Shouldn't it be attached to the thread itself, not the posts within it?

11-29-2006 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
I believe it is associated with posts rather than threads... not that it is ideal this way, I agree...! :)

11-29-2006 at 03:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
It indeed is associated with individual posts. My only defense is that it came that way...

A long time ago, I'd guess at least a couple years, I know I wanted to change how email notifications and unread tracking works so you could choose to track and/or get notifications on a per-board AND per-topic basis. It just never happened. Maybe someday I'll find the time and motivation to recode it all.

11-29-2006 at 04:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Can't unwatch a thread when editing a post (Can't turn off email notification)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com