Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : DROD Radio Show? (The pun part of my brain got involved here.)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD Radio Show? (0)  
So I finally get a webcam and a microphone working, so I'm ready. I just need to write something.

11-29-2006 at 04:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Personally, all of the best podcasts that I've listened to have no script, but are instead run based on a series of topics that are debated right there without any kind of prior knowledge. I'm going to try my best over the next two days (Which I have off from work) to get a nice potential list of topics, get everyone added to WLM, along with testing to see if multiple user chats can be done on WLM, or whether we'll all have to migrate to Skype.

11-29-2006 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Are you using the email in your profile?
11-30-2006 at 01:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I'd be wary of making a podcast out of this test - there's going to be too many people coming in and leaving, too many technical glitches and too many people interested in talking with each other to make something good to listen to after the fact. Not that preparing an agenda isn't a good idea, because a live show is just as poor a place to test out the actual podcasting process as it is to test out the equipment.

11-30-2006 at 04:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
My iternet is down. I'm sending this post and running this contest from a Grandmother's house. I might not be able to do the show if it doesn't come back up. Sorry. :(
12-01-2006 at 05:29 PM
Ezlo
Yay! Internet is back up!
12-02-2006 at 02:53 PM
Mattcrampy
Okay, MSN is a bust as we can't get a connection going. We're going to try Skype. My account name in Skype is Merusdraconis, hopefully we can do a conference call in there.

12-03-2006 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Mine is crazycanuck00, in case anyone's out there.

12-03-2006 at 05:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
And mine is Ezlo247

12-03-2006 at 05:30 AM
Mattcrampy
Okay, the test was a bust: Patrick had some non-trivial problems with Skype and we can't work out how to record, so once we sort those problems out we're going to try again.

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 12-03-2006 05:41 AM]
12-03-2006 at 05:39 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Well having done a quick google, I found this. Would that help?
12-04-2006 at 07:30 AM
Ezlo
Any progress? I'm still very interested in participating.
03-02-2007 at 02:08 AM
Ezlo
Okay, I have an idea on how to record, so if anyone wants to test with me on Skype sometime tomorrow, I'd really appreciate it. Just let me know what time you'd want to do it and what timezone you're in.
03-16-2007 at 05:01 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : DROD Radio Show? (The pun part of my brain got involved here.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com