Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Yu-Gi-Oh!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
IP: Logged
icon Yu-Gi-Oh! (0)  
Hey there!

I was just wondering: who on the forum likes Yu-Gi-Oh? I'm not as interested as I used to be, but I'm still curious as to who is.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

08-16-2003 at 08:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
icon Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! (0)  
I have no idea what that is.
08-17-2003 at 05:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! (0)  
Scott wrote:
I have no idea what that is.

Well, it is a Japanese cartoon that premiered about a couple of years ago on Kids WB. It's about a game the ancient Egyptians played 5K years ago, mostly for power. These games, also known as the "shadow games", were played in a dark realm called the Shadow Realm. But from these games erupted a war that threatened the entire world, so the pharaoh, Yami, locked them away.

5000 years later, a boy named Yugi Moto discovered one of seven magical items that were created at the end of the shadow games. These were the "Millenium Items," each providing special powers. Yugi's grandpa, Solomon Moto, gave him the parts of the millenium item, which was the "Millenium Puzzle." When Yugi solved the puzzle, he bonded with the spirit inside. This was the spirit of the pharaoh, Yami, who'd put an end to the shadow games 5000 years ago.

Meanwhile, a guy named Maximillion Pegasus recreated the ancient game for modern times, in a safer form: a card game (called 'Duel Monsters')! But Pegasus had a tragic moment in his past, which made his heart bitter and cold.

There is another game based on this game that is played with dice, and has some similarities and differences from the card game.

For more info, open up this URL:

http://www.yugiohkingofgames.com/indexmain.html

Hope you like it!

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 08-17-2003 at 06:20 AM GMT: Smilie bug]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

08-17-2003 at 06:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Yu-Gi-Oh!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com