Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : New monsters (I am making a monster, and would like to put it in a hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1305
IP: Logged
icon New monsters (0)  
If it's possible to have graphics for characters and styles includeable in holds, could there be some sort of function that allows a player to designate a monster as "non-canonical" and have it be included in a hold file?
This, of course, would have to be in the code (the non-canonical thing).
10-26-2006 at 04:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: New monsters (0)  
Someone Else wrote:
If it's possible to have graphics for characters and styles includeable in holds, could there be some sort of function that allows a player to designate a monster as "non-canonical" and have it be included in a hold file?
This, of course, would have to be in the code (the non-canonical thing).
The only way to do that ATM(no idea if this will be included in TCB) is to hack the DROD 2.0 engine, and release your own version of it.

As a feature request, I would say that this feature is more for a SDK than a level editor.

[Last edited by NiroZ at 10-26-2006 05:14 AM]
10-26-2006 at 05:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
NiroZ wrote:
The only way to do that ... is to hack the DROD 2.0 engine, and release your own version of it.
Or, simply download the latest version of the source.... :)

10-26-2006 at 05:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Kevin_P86 wrote:
NiroZ wrote:
The only way to do that ... is to hack the DROD 2.0 engine, and release your own version of it.
Or, simply download the latest version of the source.... :)

which is exactly what I meant.
10-26-2006 at 05:36 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Haven't we already gone over the ability to modify monster graphics in the holds?
10-26-2006 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Yes, but he's not saying "new graphics"; what he wants to include a new monster, with different behavior, in a hold.
10-26-2006 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Hooo, boy.

That's not a good idea. Especially since I know that you're talking about a serpent-type monster.

You do realize that C++ isn't scripted, right?
10-26-2006 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Why does that make a difference?
10-27-2006 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Someone Else wrote:
Why does that make a difference?
Including the full DROD executable with a hold just to implement new monster behaviour is a bit much, don't you think?

(Nevermind all the extra bandwidth and work needed to supply (and support) patches for each of those changed versions... :huh)

10-27-2006 at 01:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
I wouldn't think you would need that.
Wait...
I keep thinking that you don't need to compile things to get them to work.
I'll just go away now.
10-27-2006 at 05:13 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : New monsters (I am making a monster, and would like to put it in a hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com