Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Arenas and Spirals: The Sequels
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
IP: Logged

File: Revenge of the Spirals.hold (10.3 KB)
Downloaded 172 times.
License: Other
icon Arenas and Spirals: The Sequels (0)  
First apologies and thanks are in order to bibelot and zex20913 both of whom I took ideas of their's and ran with.

Attached to this post is "Revenge of the Spirals" which has a few ideas I had for spiral themed rooms. I tried not to be too repetitive, but hey it’s room after room of spirals what do you expect? :) The layout could be better and there's nothing too hard puzzle wise, but don’t be surprised if you see elements from a few rooms here sneak into future holds of mine.

08-11-2003 at 03:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott

File: Bride of the Arena.hold (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 131 times.
icon Re: Arenas and Spirals: The Sequels (0)  
And attached to this post is "Bride of the Arena". If you’ve played the first Arena hold you know the drill. I don’t know if the last room is solvable but there’s an exit just before it if you’ve had enough.

08-11-2003 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bibelot
Rank Points: 322
I completed the last room of the Bride of the Arena, so it is possible. Now to tackle 64 of the little buggers...
08-12-2003 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
Attached to this post is "Revenge of the Spirals"

More spirals, not too much hack+slash. Puzzles fairly straightforward except in a couple of cases. Lots of running round in pointy circles.

Click here to view the secret text

I've got no further than Sence West in Bride of the Arena. It doesn't have quite the immediate appeal of the original. I keep going back to it though.
08-12-2003 at 05:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tscott
icon Re: Re: Arenas and Spirals: The Sequels (0)  
bibelot wrote:
I completed the last room of the Bride of the Arena, so it is possible. Now to tackle 64 of the little buggers...
Wow, I was afraid it wasn't possible (hence the early exit). I keep trying to solve that room but my normal mode of attack doesn't seem to work in this room. You wouldn't have a demo you could upload by any chance would you?

StuartK wrote:
2E.

1S
I thought a couple of times that I should move that checkpoint, but somehow I never got around to it.

08-12-2003 at 08:10 AM
bibelot
Rank Points: 322

File: BotA level one 8W Victory.demo (2.2 KB)
Downloaded 72 times.
I attached the demo from the first time I beat it (8W). I've been trying to get a cleaner demo, but I keep messing up, so this will have to do. I think you'll find it to be fairly entertaining...
08-12-2003 at 05:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
Very nicely done. I had wondered if it was possible to hide behind a queen or two, but somehow never got it to work. Now I've gotta work on getting my own victory demo- it sure wont be easy, even after seeing it done...

08-12-2003 at 05:53 PM
Tscott

File: BotA level one 8W Victory1.demo (2 KB)
Downloaded 69 times.
I finally did it.:) Here's my demo, if anyone cares. It's a minute longer in length than yours because my "swinging fingers" were getting tired after several attempts, but I managed to do 200 moves fewer than yours. I kept two collums of queens in the bottom right corner which helped cut down on the number of spawns.

08-12-2003 at 09:33 PM
joker5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 607
Good dungeon, good architecture, fun for everyone. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
12-27-2003 at 03:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Arenas and Spirals: The Sequels
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No