Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : No room picture on hints and solutions board
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
JoolsC
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged
icon No room picture on hints and solutions board (0)  
Can anyone help me please. I cannot get a picture on the hints and solutions board when I select a hold and a level. I have paid my subscription, registered and am logged on to caravelnet and I don't know what else to try. I am getting very frustrated. Can someone help me please!!!! :~(
10-04-2006 at 11:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: No room picture on hints and solutions board (+1)  
Are you getting the screen that says you can't see the image?

If so, please test a room you know you've beaten. (JtRH, L1, Entrance, for probable example.

10-04-2006 at 11:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5416
Looking at your highscores, CaravelNet only knows that you've explored some of Nanfro Budkin's First Dungeon. If you're using the Hints & Solutions board to look up hints for official holds (and a few unofficial holds) then you need to upload your progress.

On the DROD title screen, look in the upper right corner. Is there a green checkmark? If not, request a new key (on the settings screen of DROD or in your profile on the forum) and enter the new key on the Settings screen. Then upload your progress, also on the settings screen.

10-05-2006 at 12:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
JoolsC
icon Re: No room picture on hints and solutions board (0)  
Doesn't seem to matter which hold I try. I do have the green tick but any room on any hold I have conquered is just a blank on the hints and solutions board. It lets me select the appropriate level which implies they know I've done the earlier rooms etc but no pictures appear nor any message saying why. Could it be something to do with my computer or am I missing something else?
10-06-2006 at 04:35 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1309
Well, are you always connected to the Internet when you play DROD? If you aren't, then you would want to press the "Upload My Scores" button every time you connect, because that "ensures" that things are up to date (I say that because it's well known to not always work).

Sometimes, you're just having a bad day. I get these a lot.
10-06-2006 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
coppro wrote:
Well, are you always connected to the Internet when you play DROD? If you aren't, then you would want to press the "Upload My Scores" button every time you connect, because that "ensures" that things are up to date (I say that because it's well known to not always work).

Sometimes, you're just having a bad day. I get these a lot.
He said that he was connected to the net(green tick)

anyway, JoolsC. To see images for a certain room, you must first enter that room. If that doesn't work try exiting for a bit, then entering again.

If that doesn't work, its not a huge deal, however, as you can still hit submit and find topics on that room.
10-07-2006 at 01:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
NiroZ wrote:
anyway, JoolsC. To see images for a certain room, you must first enter that room. If that doesn't work try exiting for a bit, then entering again.
Yeah, but if you haven't visited a room you get an image that says "Room image not available" instead - he said he's getting absolutely no image.

Also, he should be able to see images for the first 3 levels of JtRH anyway. And if some other room is still reported as unavailable hitting F6 to look up the demos for the room should fix it as well.

@JoolsC: Since all this works using JavaScript - could you tell us what browser and OS you are using? And do you have any filters (adblockers, proxies, etc.) running that could block the room images?

np: Shadow Huntaz - Power Divine (Corrupt Data)

[Last edited by Briareos at 10-07-2006 09:08 AM]
10-07-2006 at 09:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
JoolsC
I have Windows XP pro, Outlook Explorer and I have turned off the McAphee pop up blocker I had running but still nothing. There are definately no images for the first three levels of JtRH and I have tried redoing the rooms and they still don't register as being completed even though I definately have the green tick of connection.
10-07-2006 at 05:25 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
You might be able to get a faster response if you post a thread about this in the "bugs" or "site" forums. Support threads in the "general" forum are often missed by Mike and Matt. (esp. since Matt already responded once).

[Last edited by eytanz at 10-07-2006 05:31 PM]
10-07-2006 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
JoolsC wrote:
I have Windows XP pro, Outlook Explorer and I have turned off the McAphee pop up blocker I had running but still nothing. There are definately no images for the first three levels of JtRH and I have tried redoing the rooms and they still don't register as being completed even though I definately have the green tick of connection.
So I take it that your using Internet Explorer as you browser?
10-08-2006 at 01:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
JoolsC
Yes I am using internet explorer as my browser, is there a problem with that? I downloaded the game from the downloads page, do I need any of the patches?
10-08-2006 at 02:56 PM
NiroZ
JoolsC wrote:
Yes I am using internet explorer as my browser, is there a problem with that? I downloaded the game from the downloads page, do I need any of the patches?
In order, no and no.

You don't have any special configuration do you?
10-08-2006 at 03:10 PM
JoolsC
Don't think so. I do have Drod:AE installed on my computer, could that be causing a conflict? Should I uninstall it? My progress onNanfro Budkins first dungeon was done on Drod:AE and nothing I have done on Drod:JtRH is registering on my member profile statistics despite constantly hitting 'upload my progress'
10-08-2006 at 03:21 PM
NiroZ
JoolsC wrote:
Don't think so. I do have Drod:AE installed on my computer, could that be causing a conflict? Should I uninstall it? My progress onNanfro Budkins first dungeon was done on Drod:AE and nothing I have done on Drod:JtRH is registering on my member profile statistics despite constantly hitting 'upload my progress'
Ok, DROD:AE shouldn't cause any conficts whatsoever.

as for hold uploading, trying going to the drod.ini in your DROD - Journey to Rooted Hold\Data directory, and then changing the FullScoreUpload=0 to FullScoreUpload=1. Then, upload your progress, and wait a bit, then check your scores. Note that this won't change a hold from 'not explored' or 'explored but not conquered' to 'conquered'.

As for images not displaying at all, you really need to get onto Schik, which can be done via the site sub-forum
10-09-2006 at 01:18 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
This was said above but it's worth repeating - looking at your highscores records no progress in JtRH. Which is the core of your problem.

Something to try:

Cloe DROD, open drod.ini (when DROD isn't running!) find the line that says "upload_all = 0" and change the 0 to a 1. Then, open DROD, go to the "setting" screen, and click "upload your progress". Even if you tried it before, it might be different after changing the ini.

If that doesn't work, you need to contact Schik. Which means either emailing him directly, or posting in the "site" forum.

10-09-2006 at 01:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : No room picture on hints and solutions board
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com