Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Rating difficulty twice
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
IP: Logged
icon Re: Rating difficulty twice (0)  
eytanz wrote:
But that has nothing to do with the low score that prompted Blondbeard's post, which is the one I've been defending for the past two days. The other one - unless truly coincidental - is not legitimate by any means.

I just want to say I'm sorry here. Tim has explained to me that the word unfair is considered to be quite offensive. I wasn't aware of that. In swedish it isn't offensive at all. I might use the word when I have done a minor error at an exam and get something like 1 point out of 5. Then I can tell my techer: "I think this is unfair!". Maybe he agrees, maybe he don't, but nobody is offended.

What I said was: "Huh? Did someone just give the hold a 4 for funraiting? That seems very low . Maybe you could send me or Rheb a PM saying what you found so terrible about this hold."

And what I meant was this : "Could you please tell me or Rheb what you didn't like about the hold, because I can't really understand why anyone would think that this hold deserves a 4. (I think that is very low)."

Tim also said that he found it bad that I posted this since I'm Rhebīs brother, and thus maybe not so objective. I can however promise that I really have tried to be objective.

Well... The point is that I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone with this post. When it seemed as if someone gave the hold a 2 in response to my post I got a bit mad.
10-03-2006 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Blondbeard wrote:
I just want to say I'm sorry here. Tim has explained to me that the word unfair is considered to be quite offensive. I wasn't aware of that. In swedish it isn't offensive at all.
Just in case, I want to say that our discussion was the context of the sentence, and that I think the English version of "unfair" has more negative meanings than the Swedish one.
Tim also said that he found it bad that I posted this since I'm Rhebīs brother, and thus maybe not so objective. I can however promise that I really have tried to be objective.
What I said was that I do not want to base my score on his comments since I cannot be sure if that was objective, since he was his big brother (I have younger siblings as well, and I can't say I'm always objective towards them.)

-- Tim

PS. Please don't blame BB as he might sound harsh, but that's because he's still not too familiar with his English (so am I).

[Last edited by Tim at 10-03-2006 10:03 PM]
10-03-2006 at 10:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Ah, hang on, when was the word 'unfair' offensive language? Blondbeard's use of it is exactly how I use it, and english is my primary language.

Having a look at the context that you used it in, however, I would say that the problem was that you were complaining too much.(I guess, anyway.)
10-04-2006 at 01:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Rating difficulty twice
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com