Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Ability to delete PM's from your outbox
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
IP: Logged
icon Ability to delete PM's from your outbox (0)  
I know it's possible to delete PM's from your inbox, but it would be nice if we could delete PM's from our outboxes. I know mine's getting crowded.
09-26-2006 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
icon Re: Ability to delete PM's from your outbox (0)  
Oh weird...

Most forums I've ever used keep the outbox separate from the 'sent messages' box...

[Last edited by Hikari at 09-26-2006 12:22 AM]
09-26-2006 at 12:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
I vote 'conditionally no'.

I'd like the ability to delete an outgoing message which hasn't yet been received (it's like an "oops! recall!" mechanism).

once I've sent a message and it's received, I'd like the receiver to control whether or not they keep it - because, thinking as the receiver, suppose I want to cache some piece of information (such as the sender's recommendations which I haven't acted on yet) - I don't want to lose my cache because the receiver decided to clean house.

09-26-2006 at 12:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Rank Points: 471
silver wrote:
I vote 'conditionally no'.

once I've sent a message and it's received, I'd like the receiver to control whether or not they keep it - because, thinking as the receiver, suppose I want to cache some piece of information (such as the sender's recommendations which I haven't acted on yet) - I don't want to lose my cache because the receiver decided to clean house.

Well, are PMs stored as a single copy so that this would happen? Or is there a reciever side and sender side copy?

I would think they are independent copies, because every PM I've ever sent is still sitting right in the folder. So I say, let senders delete their copy, the same way recievers can delete their copy. There's no reason they should affect each other at all, so this objection doesn't apply.

09-26-2006 at 06:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Ability to delete PM's from your outbox (+1)  
Single copy - I've definitely seen outbox messages vanish as the recipient deletes them. Some people just never clear their inboxes.

09-26-2006 at 06:50 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Ability to delete PM's from your outbox
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com