Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Reverse mimes (or mimics, whatever, you probably know what I mean ;)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Daisai
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon Reverse mimes (or mimics, whatever, you probably know what I mean ;) (0)  
Mimes that, instead of doing exactly as Beethro does, do the exact opposite. Fun stuff for people who enjoy moving many mimes around at the same time, imagine a few of each kind, the care you'd have to take to get them all where they have to go :)

[Edited by Daisai on 08-08-2003 at 04:20 AM]

[Edited by Daisai on 08-08-2003 at 04:39 AM GMT: Added to post title]

08-06-2003 at 03:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: Reverse mimes (0)  
And if you scroll down a little, ladies and gentlemen, you will notice this feature has already been suggested...

Please try and check before posting to avoid this kind of duplication - it clutters up the forum and only annoys people. Oh yeah, and they're mimics, not mimes. Sorry to be pedantic, that's just my way. :)

"Oook!"
08-06-2003 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Reverse mimes (0)  
Well, to be fair, the one on this page has the title "what about a mirror potion", which doesn't immediately sound like a reverse mimic. However, as zex points out in that thread, the Anti-Mimic was suggested a long time previously. Not sure if it's on this board or not though.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-06-2003 at 05:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Daisai
icon Re: Reverse mimes (or mimics, whatever, you probably know what I mean ;) (0)  
As Oneiromancer says, the "what about a mirror potion" post doesn't sound like it's about the same thing at all. Only other similar suggestion I could find, the post with the Anti-mime, is here:

Ooh!

Again, post title is, to say the least, a bit misleading. For all I know it could be containing detailed suggestions of how Beethro having intercourse with goblins could be handled by current game mechanics.

I actually came across this idea while reading through the story collaboration thread, and also mentioned it there.

Point is, I don't much appreciate someone getting on my back for other people having more or less cryptic post titles, and I guess it even bugs me more when that person fronts what I percieve as a slightly superior attitude for having a greater backlog of this whole forum inside their heads than me.

Maybe this forum is just very ill suited for casual posters like me..

And if you scroll down a little, ladies and gentlemen..

That is just dripping with sarcasm of the not so friendly type the way I read it, and sounds a lot like "Who's this fool for not reading every post here before even reaching for the keyboard" to me.

Or maybe I'm just tired. Or you were when you wrote it ;)

[Edited by Daisai on 08-08-2003 at 04:41 AM GMT: Why do I keep forgetting the e in Oneiromancer's name? =/]

08-08-2003 at 05:38 AM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: Reverse mimes (or mimics, whatever, you probably know what I mean ;) (0)  
Yeah, sorry... bad case of foot in mouth syndrome again.
:twak :twak :twak
I must check things properly in future. Sorry if it came over offensive - people always do say I have an odd sense of humour...

"Oook!"
08-08-2003 at 08:18 AM
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Re: Reverse mimes (or mimics, whatever, you probably know what I mean ;) (0)  
Daisai wrote:
Why do I keep forgetting the e in Oneiromancer's name?

Heh, don't worry about it, it's not like it's my real name or anything... ;)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-08-2003 at 08:24 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Re: Re: Reverse mimes (or mimics, whatever, you probably know what I mean ;) (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
Daisai wrote:
Why do I keep forgetting the e in Oneiromancer's name?

Heh, don't worry about it, it's not like it's my real name or anything... ;)

Game on,

It's also easier to spell. J-E-F-F. :D

Matt

Click here to view the secret text

08-08-2003 at 09:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Well, since it's in the "Questionnaire" topic on the General board for everyone to see, it can't be that much of a secret...unless I lied there too! Betcha didn't think of that one, eh? Question everything! :devil

Game on,

08-08-2003 at 06:52 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
This probably is a good idea...I'm going to go back and change my not so informative titles shortly.

08-09-2003 at 01:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Daisai
Damnit. I was trying to start the first flame war on these forums. Now it's all in ruins :~)

08-09-2003 at 02:20 AM
Oneiromancer
Oh, I have been so tempted to start flame wars here...but I have confined my rants to private messages, as some here have found out. Having a civil tongue is so hard sometimes.

Game on,

08-09-2003 at 02:23 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Re: Reverse mimes (or mimics, whatever, you probably know what I mean ;) (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
Oh, I have been so tempted to start flame wars here...
That reminds me... emacs sucks. Vim is the only editor worth using. :devil

08-09-2003 at 02:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Fortunately I have only the vaguest notions of what emacs and vims really are. Wait, never mind, that means I am perfectly qualified to flame you!

j00 SuXoRS, N00B!!!111

Man, I feel better now!

Game on,

08-09-2003 at 02:28 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5064
icon Re: Re: Re: Reverse mimes (or mimics, whatever, you probably know what I mean ;) (0)  
Schik wrote:
That reminds me... emacs sucks. Vim is the only editor worth using. :devil
What are you talking about?! Pico is the ONLY way to go! ;) Or Notepad! It's the best! And while we're at it, I think level 13 is the best level out there!

[Edited by mrimer on 08-09-2003 at 04:34 PM]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-09-2003 at 02:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Aah, nice to see everyone's all getting along.

U 4|| 5uX0R5!! :devil

For someone who despises l33t so much, I seem to use it a lot.

Matt

08-09-2003 at 11:51 AM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
I'm with Mike. Pico all the way.

Or nano :P

08-09-2003 at 02:05 PM
Daisai
Ok, we got some nice, ugly 1337 going, but the vocabulary could use some work.. Where's all the FFS and STFU? :D

08-11-2003 at 04:14 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Reverse mimes (or mimics, whatever, you probably know what I mean ;)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com