Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Removing members of Member list (don't think this has been mentioned before)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
IP: Logged
icon Removing members of Member list (+1)  
I think it would be nice to remove members for the member list that haven't posted in a year or a couple years or whatever. Because if you are looking for an active member, 10/11ths (fine i'm making this number up :) ) of the members have never posted and probably will never have anything to do with the site again! Just a suggestion. :)

09-14-2006 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Removing members of Member list (+1)  
I agree it would be nice to purge out members who never posted after, say, 6 months. But I think that anyone who has posted should remain listed, if only so people can figure out who the poster was.

09-14-2006 at 07:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Removing members of Member list (+1)  
I don't really have anything against this. It might make the active-user-% statistic less accurate, but just how important is that anyway?

Just remember that CaravelNet requires a forum account, so not being a CaravelNet member should be another requirement for removing an inactive user.
09-14-2006 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
icon Re: Removing members of Member list (0)  
I agree with both Jason and Doom. But I think it would be wise to have them on a separate list which doesn't count towards the member number. That way, as soon as they log in, they can be transfered to the other list, and count towards the total members.

09-14-2006 at 08:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Lux does this rather well (sillysoft.net) by classifying people as inactive. I can still log in, but my account won't "appear" active unless I start playing (or in DROD's case posting) again.

And no, it's not a plug. I seem to remember they've been advertising JtRH for ages.
09-14-2006 at 10:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
Syntax wrote:
Lux does this rather well (sillysoft.net) by classifying people as inactive. I can still log in, but my account won't "appear" active unless I start playing (or in DROD's case posting) again.
Ahh... Lux I remember playing hours and hours of games...
Anywaise, I am a bit of a pack rat, so I'd love to get rid of inactive members on the member list! I totally agree that in case if a memeber decided to post again after a year, they would be placed back on the member list.

[Last edited by tokyokid at 09-14-2006 10:45 PM]
09-14-2006 at 10:44 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Maybe you could just have an option to hide them. Forum Hunter wouldn't be the same otherwise.
09-15-2006 at 12:08 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Yeah, I suppose it would be useful. However, it would have to only remove users that have logged in only once, never posted and never had caravelnet/purchased anything.
09-15-2006 at 08:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Removing members of Member list (don't think this has been mentioned before)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com