Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Score upload problems
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stephen4Louise
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged
icon Score upload problems (0)  
I am having some trouble uploading my scores from the settings screen. Last night I was having problems with my wireless connection at home which caused me to continuously lose my caravelnet key. I kept playing and completed a few rooms, and finished the hold Puzzles.
Now when I try to upload my scores, the progress bar at the bottom of the screen jumps from nothing to complete in a couple of seconds. There is nothing recent in drod.err.
I copied my data files and I've tried from work this morning, but exactly the same is happening.
Any ideas?
09-14-2006 at 09:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Score upload problems (+1)  
you could try this, it might work:

exit drod entirely.
edit your DRODDIR/Data/drod.ini
set "[Startup]" "FullScoreUpload=0" to 1
save the file :)
start up drod
go to settings
hit "upload my scores"

go make a sandwhich and pop in a dvd of your favorite movie and wait a while. jiggle the mouse every few minutes because going to screen saver seems to mess up the upload.

09-14-2006 at 09:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Score upload problems (0)  
silver wrote:
jiggle the mouse every few minutes because going to screen saver seems to mess up the upload.

Or disable it, whichever's easier
09-14-2006 at 10:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Thanks for that, it didn't take too long to upload the scores, but I have a feeling the spider is going to be busy for a while!
09-14-2006 at 10:40 AM
Stephen4Louise
I've just noticed that it didn't actually work. I played through the last few rooms of Puzzes anyway, but I've just noticed that Great Uncle Yurgess' Hold is still listed as Explored but Unconquered while 100% in my holds listing in game.

Any ideas?
09-14-2006 at 04:21 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Go back down the end stairs. Uploading all scores gives you highscores for all rooms but it won't update the "conquered" state.

09-14-2006 at 05:27 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
There is also this thread to report any issues. A few have been fixed since, but some are still outstanding. Think the full demo upload may need changing.
09-14-2006 at 10:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
There are a lot of scores missing for the hold, so going down the stairs won't make a big difference. I will post on the high scores thread to see what happens.
Thanks for the help.
Steve.
09-15-2006 at 08:53 AM
Stephen4Louise
I did some more testing on this last night. I played while connected to Caravel over my wireless connection at home. Scores were uploading fine and I was seeing the score banner after each room.
I disabled my wireless adaptor and reenabled it a few times until my key became invalid and I was no longer connected to caravel (red X on title screen), and kept playing for a few rooms. As expected I didn't get score banners for the rooms I played.
However, after I get a new key and reconnect, the rooms I completed while disconnected did not upload after clicking upload scores in options.
When I played with the new key, all further scores were uploaded, when I replayed some of the rooms my new demo was uploaded.

I would have thought that all demos were equal, but is there some difference between demos recorded while connected and those recorded while not?
09-22-2006 at 09:16 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Well it could be that the spider is taking some time in verifiying those holds, but i doubt it.

I have mastered both Great Uncle Yurgress and The Choice, but I just nither of them are shown as completed on my highscores, even though I reuploaded all my scores (with the ini thing set to 1) yesterday.
09-22-2006 at 12:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
NiroZ wrote:
Well it could be that the spider is taking some time in verifiying those holds, but i doubt it.

I have mastered both Great Uncle Yurgress and The Choice, but I just nither of them are shown as completed on my highscores, even though I reuploaded all my scores (with the ini thing set to 1) yesterday.

Check the individual scores for rooms rather than whether the hold is completed. eytanz pointed out that uploading scores won't upload hold completion status.
09-22-2006 at 01:52 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Score upload problems
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com