Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Guess the Movie or TV Show! (People wanted them split)
Page 4 of 49
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Cedhric
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 94
IP: Logged
icon Re: Guess the Movie or TV Show! (+3)  
Is that Twin Peaks?

Slugs! He created slugs! They can't hear, they can't speak, they can't operate machinery. If I were creating the world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would've started with lasers, eight o'clock, day one.
09-18-2006 at 05:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
icon Re: Guess the Movie or TV Show! (0)  
Specifically the movie, but yes, it is indeed Twin Peaks!

09-18-2006 at 11:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Cedhric

File: ss2.jpg (121.6 KB)
Downloaded 105 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Guess the Movie or TV Show! (+1)  
OK, here's mine:

Slugs! He created slugs! They can't hear, they can't speak, they can't operate machinery. If I were creating the world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would've started with lasers, eight o'clock, day one.
09-18-2006 at 11:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Something about that makes me think 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' but I know that can't be right...

Can it?

09-18-2006 at 11:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Cedhric
Good guess, but no, it's not Sky Captain.

09-18-2006 at 01:31 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
The Shadow?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-18-2006 at 02:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Cedhric
No, not The Shadow.

09-18-2006 at 03:10 PM
Cedhric

File: ss3.jpg (26.6 KB)
Downloaded 115 times.
OK, here comes the next clue.

09-19-2006 at 10:31 AM
Hikari
Whatever that is, it looks wonderfully surreal and a joy to watch.

09-19-2006 at 08:40 PM
Cedhric

File: ss7.jpg (21.5 KB)
Downloaded 90 times.
It is a very interesting movie. I hope that I've just made these screenshots obscure, instead of picking a movie no one here has seen. No matter, if I have to, I can really start to dish out some clues. Anyway, here's the next screenshot:

[Last edited by Cedhric at 09-20-2006 02:50 AM]
09-20-2006 at 02:47 AM
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
It has to be a Russian film of some sort.

09-20-2006 at 03:52 AM
Cedhric
It is a foreign film. Not Russian, but close.

09-20-2006 at 03:58 AM
Cedhric

File: ss5.jpg (27.8 KB)
Downloaded 93 times.
OK, clues are going to start coming more heavily now. If someone reading this thread had seen it, I would have expected them to recognize it by now (b0rsuk?). 4th screenshot is attached.

Bonus Clue:

Alice Smith
Barbara Smith
Carrie Smith
Deborah Smith
Erin Smith
Fawn Smith
Ginny Smith
Hilda Smith
Irene Smith

The above refers to an organization in the film, and additionally a the domain name of a website devoted to the film.

P.S. Please PM me if this is getting irritating, and I’ll step aside for the next person.

09-20-2006 at 01:34 PM
jjohn7418
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
I personally have not seen this film, I think I would have remembered it if I did. No need to step aside for the next person, we've all had a hard time solving something at one point or another, doesn't matter what game it is. This just makes it a good challange.

09-20-2006 at 02:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
You can also post a screenshot with enough information in it for people to Google the movie. (A bit of text; a recognizable actor; that sort of thing.)
09-20-2006 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Tahnan wrote:
You can also post a screenshot with enough information in it for people to Google the movie. (A bit of text; a recognizable actor; that sort of thing.)
Well, searching the IMDb for "Smith" spits out a Georgian/Soviet Union comedy named "Mchedeli" because of it's international title of "Smith" - would that be it?

np: Markus Guentner - Donaunebel (Pop Ambient 2002)

09-20-2006 at 05:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Cedhric
Briareos wrote:
Well, searching the IMDb for "Smith" spits out a Georgian/Soviet Union comedy named "Mchedeli" because of it's international title of "Smith" - would that be it?

No, it's not Mchdeli. And searching for Smith won't lead you to it, but the Smith is important...

Tahnan wrote:

That's my next screenshot. I'll post it later today if necessary, but now I'm intrigued to see if someone will figure out the bonus clue.

09-20-2006 at 06:02 PM
Cedhric

File: 5thclue.jpg (7.7 KB)
Downloaded 92 times.
Another clue.

09-20-2006 at 09:54 PM
Cedhric
Jordan wrote:
Avalon?

Winner! Yes, it's Avalon, an unusual collaboration between Japan (Mamoru Oshii directed, famous for Ghost in the Shell) and Poland (filmed there, and cast was Polish). Revolves around an illegal and addictive virtual reality game. Great visuals and very thought provoking. <simpson>Now let us never speak of it again.</simpson>

If anyone was wondering what I was getting at with the bonus clue:

Click here to view the secret text

09-20-2006 at 10:28 PM
Tahnan
That's the what's-his-name non-lethal inventor in Mystery Men, isn't it?
09-21-2006 at 05:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
I modded up the last point!

09-21-2006 at 05:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Jordan wrote:
Yep! For some reason it locked up on me when I was giving you your third rank point and don't have any more mod points.
Yeah, well - if you don't have enough mod points left modding will just do nothing. Don't forget that adding that third rank point actually costs 3 mod points...

np: Yoko Kanno - The End Of All You'll Know (Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex OST 3)

09-21-2006 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Grrr. Anyone have any sage advice on how to get a screen capture?
09-22-2006 at 03:23 AM
Dolan42
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 195
Tahnan wrote:

Well, first spend at least $50 on a scren capture card or USB device. Second capture the screen. Third post it.

09-22-2006 at 07:29 AM
Briareos
Tahnan wrote:
What system? And a capture of what? DVD? VHS? Live TV?

For DVD, the DVD playing application of your choice should come with a screenshot function.

For VHS & TV you need either a graphics card with video in and a tuner/VCR or a TV card. Again, the software for that should have a screen shooting facility...

In case of an emergency - you could try using a digital camera to take a picture of the screen, but that should only be used as the very last measure...

For everything else, there's probably an image to be found at images.google.com...

[Last edited by Briareos at 09-22-2006 07:59 AM]
09-22-2006 at 07:58 AM
Hikari
There's also several computer softwares that'll do it. I know that back when I was a PC user, my copy of PowerDVD was able to take screengrabs, and on Mac, there's a little program just called 'DVD Capture' that interfaces with DVD Player and takes screengrabs through that.

09-22-2006 at 08:00 AM
Tahnan

File: wheel-of-fortune.jpg (24.2 KB)
Downloaded 444 times.
OK, there we go. Eventually I'll get an actual DVD player installed on this. But instead, well, you waited all this time for the attached file, and let's face it, it isn't much.

Click here to view the secret text

But it's one of my five favorite movies, and it's an important prop. Plus, the legs of a terrific (and recently deceased) actor.

[Last edited by Tahnan at 09-22-2006 08:29 AM]
09-22-2006 at 08:28 AM
Cedhric
That's the ugly wagon wheel coffee table from When Harry Met Sally. The deceased actor would then be Bruno Kirby. A great loss.

I used to have a coffee grinder lamp that was that ugly. My wife eventually prevailed on me to throw it out...

09-22-2006 at 01:30 PM
Tahnan
Ding!
09-22-2006 at 03:57 PM
Cedhric

File: ss1.jpg (25.5 KB)
Downloaded 100 times.
Sorry it took so long for me to get back. Here's mine:

09-23-2006 at 12:00 PM
Page 4 of 49
5678>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Guess the Movie or TV Show! (People wanted them split)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com