Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Lyric quote "tag"
<<6789
Page 10 of 14
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
IP: Logged
icon Re: Lyric quote "tag" (+5)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
Edit: for what it's worth, this was my 1000th post.
Okay, I know you had great hopes of something cool happening for your 1000th post, but got a big fat nothing. Sorry, I'm in the middle of other changes to the forum and didn't want to try to mix in another change.

So I'm here to offer up a small (tiny) tribute to your posting greatness: Your own emoticon.
:onei
Umm.. it's a... uh... one eye romancer. <Ducks for cover>

Note that it was shamelessly ripped from the :wub emoticon.

Note: This will not be a standard tribute for everyone's 1000th post. Sorry.

12-03-2003 at 04:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Lyric quote "tag" (0)  
:lol

Holy crap...I thought you were joking about it being a new smiley, but nope, there it is. I am touched, Schik, it is very nice. It's going in my signature, it is!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-03-2003 at 05:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
Back on track... the song is Camel Walk by Phish, a greatly underrated band by most.

My turn again...

Pizza party at your house
I came just to check it out
Nineteen extra larges
What a shame
No-one came

12-03-2003 at 08:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
DiMono wrote:
Back on track... the song is Camel Walk by Phish, a greatly underrated band by most.

Hmmm, the song is indeed Camel Walk, but I didn't know that Phish did it. And I can't find their lyrics, to know who covered who. Although on the Phish website the one place I find Camel Walk it is attributed to Holdsworth, who is not in either band. According to this website, Phish's Camel Walk is not the same as the one I quoted before.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-03-2003 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
You're right, I got the name of the band wrong. It's "Southern Culture on the Skids" :onei

12-04-2003 at 05:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Pizza party at your house
I came just to check it out
Nineteen extra larges
What a shame
No-one came

I wouldn't know what this song was except that my friend I was visiting played A Complicated Song by Weird Al Yankovich along with the hilarious Angry White Boy Polka, I believe.

My turn:

And every time I go to bed
These things keep running through my head
There's nothing going on out there

Matt

12-05-2003 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Mattcrampy wrote:
A Complicated Song by Weird Al Yankovich
Well, it's Yankovic not Yankovich, but I'll give it to you :P

12-05-2003 at 04:33 PM
Mattcrampy
I think I may have been naughty here, in that I picked a band that I don't think has an overseas contract.

Anyone heard of Regurgitator? (The song was Freshmint!.)

Let's try a band closer to y'all:

You stumbled in and bumped your head
If not for me then you'd be dead

Matt

12-07-2003 at 11:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
Mattcrampy wrote:
You stumbled in and bumped your head
If not for me then you'd be dead

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite I hate that song. :)

New one in a bit.
12-07-2003 at 06:23 PM
ClaytonW
Dance with the counterfeit
The plastic smiles and micro heat
I'll meet you there

12-07-2003 at 06:55 PM
Mattcrampy
ClaytonW wrote:

3 Doors Down - Kryptonite I hate that song. :)

If you hate it so much, how come you know it?

Matt

12-08-2003 at 05:39 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I am pretty sure everyone has a song they hate that the know the name of. Even worse is when you can't get a song you hate out of your head.
12-08-2003 at 05:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Dance with the counterfeit
The plastic smiles and micro heat
I'll meet you there

It's A Miracle by Culture Club

Serving up another for you all:

Bilbo (Bilbo!) Bilbo Baggins,
He's only three feet tall,
Bilbo (Bilbo!) Bilbo Baggins,
The greatest little hobbit of them all.

12-08-2003 at 06:46 AM
Oneiromancer
Oh geez, the only version I know is sung by Leonard Nimoy, and I think it is simply called Bilbo Baggins but I don't know for sure. One of my "friends" played it for me once. I put "friends" in quotes becuase if you play that song for someone you aren't really their friend. :P

I don't know if I'm right so I'll wait until tomorrow for approval.

Game on,

12-08-2003 at 09:11 AM
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
Oneiromancer wrote:
Oh geez, the only version I know is sung by Leonard Nimoy, and I think it is simply called Bilbo Baggins but I don't know for sure. One of my "friends" played it for me once. I put "friends" in quotes becuase if you play that song for someone you aren't really their friend. :P
Be grateful that your "friends" spared you "Highly Illogical" :sick
12-08-2003 at 04:23 PM
DiMono
Oneiromancer wrote:
Oh geez, the only version I know is sung by Leonard Nimoy, and I think it is simply called Bilbo Baggins but I don't know for sure.
Right singer, wrong title. Try again!

12-08-2003 at 04:33 PM
Oneiromancer
Okay, I will guess that the title is The Hobbit. If not, I'm not going to bother looking it up, so someone else can take it. :)

Game on,

12-08-2003 at 07:39 PM
ClaytonW
Scott wrote:
I am pretty sure everyone has a song they hate that the know the name of. Even worse is when you can't get a song you hate out of your head.

Bingo. I hate the song but know all the lyrics. It got constant radio play when it was popular, and the tape deck in my car doesn't work. Most of the stations here play only what's popular, and the others are country, and classic rock. I've grown to like classic rock, and now it's pretty much all I listen to on the radio.
12-08-2003 at 09:25 PM
Oneiromancer
ClaytonW wrote:
I've grown to like classic rock, and now it's pretty much all I listen to on the radio.

Yes! Another convert!

Game on,

12-08-2003 at 10:09 PM
DiMono
The song title was The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

Some else's turn, game on!

12-14-2003 at 07:58 AM
Oneiromancer
Wow, you were being anal. :P I think I was close enough, so I will go for it.

Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears

Just happened to be what was playing at the time.

Game on,

12-14-2003 at 08:50 AM
DiMono
Anal would have been putting up the theme from a t.v. show, then demanding the actual title of the song, not "them from some show". Considering that the words "Bilbo (Bilbo) Bilbo Baggins" appear twice though, I felt a little justified in wanting the full title. :onei

12-14-2003 at 09:10 AM
Oneiromancer
Actually, you have a good point. My apologies.

Game on,

12-14-2003 at 10:30 AM
Mattcrampy

I know this song, but not its title or artist. Bugger. I reckon the title's buried in the part of the chorus where I go "da-da-da-da".

Matt

12-14-2003 at 07:52 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Mattcrampy wrote:

That's an oddly funny line from _Dancehall Days_ by Wang Chung.

-Erik

12-14-2003 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
And another line that sounds really dumb and makes me laugh...

"I've got one less egg to fry. I've got one less egg to fry. And all I do is cryyyyyyyyy."

-Erik

12-14-2003 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
ErikH2000 wrote:

That's an oddly funny line from _Dancehall Days_ by Wang Chung.

-Erik

And wouldn't you know it, as soon as I head the title the bit where I go "da-da-da-da" becomes "dancehall days-uh".

Matt

12-14-2003 at 10:44 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Matt-your new avatar thoroughly creeped me out. Especially when I saw that your number of posts was 666.

12-15-2003 at 01:53 AM
Oneiromancer
I'm sure it's on purpose--see the "419 Eater" thread here in the Anything boards section.

Game on,

12-15-2003 at 04:53 AM
Mattcrampy
It was deliberate, although when Oneiros posted I had already set to work.

For posterity, seeing as it's no longer poignant and I felt vaguely uncomfortable about people mistaking me for a Satanist or something, when I had 666 posts I used this as an avatar for a few hours:

In hindsight, I shouldn't have been dumb enough to select the bitmap when I meant the png, but apparently it worked anyway.

My work here is done.

Matt

12-15-2003 at 07:27 AM
<<6789
Page 10 of 14
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Lyric quote "tag"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No